BackOfTheClass: Jordan Stone and Panos Skoufalos

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Jordan Stone and Panos Skoufalos are the freshman duo that makes up “BackOfTheClass”.

After a rowdy debut at a Halloween frat party, BackOfTheClass has gained enough traction to perform Tufts Lux Fashion Show.

Where does your name come from?

Panos: I have had a lot of trouble thinking of names for what I do, and then one day Jordan just said it—“Back of the Class”—and it just made sense.

Jordan: It came to me when I was in Econ and I had headphones in where my Professor couldn’t see me. I was listening to music I wanted to use to perform with at our first gig for Halloween. I wanted a name that could tie us to our college roots.

What are the biggest influences to your music?

Panos: Daft Punk, Justice, Gorillaz, Bloody Beetroots,

Jordan: Orginality. We like to use artists that are really passionate and put a lot of time and effort in to their music. Basically just builds off itself.

How’d you meet?

Panos : I got sexiled out of my room, and I was looking for a place to stay. I was wandering the halls, and Jordan invited me in saying “you can sleep in here if you want.”

Jordan: We hung out ever since then

Where have you performed before?

Jordan: We’ve preformed at a handful of fraternity events. We’re going to be performing at Lux Fashion Show

Panos: *in the back, spinning* this sounds like an astronaut ha-ha

What is your favorite part about performing?

Jordan: The people. And the energy.

Panos: I control how people feel. I love seeing people smile and dance like a positive vibe.

Jordan: We want to make people feel amazing—we want to make them feel fantastic for listening to us.

Plans for the future?

Panos: We’ll probably be playing at frats for a while, but by junior year I want us to mature a bit.

Jordan: Hopefully more professional gigs

Hailing from Atlanta, Georgia, Morgan is a Sophmore at Tufts University majoring in International Relations and French. Other than HerCampus, some things she does includes playing Club Volleyball, being a part of KAO, walking dogs that live around campus (!!!), and napping professionally.