7 Costumes That You’ll See at a Tufts Halloween Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Halloween is right around the corner which means you should probably start looking for a costume. Everyone wants to come up with a costume that no one else will be wearing, but college is crazy and sometimes people don’t have the time to get creative. Here are 7 costumes that you are bound to see at some point during your halloweekend.

1. Risky Business

Why do we see this costume so frequently? Probably because it requires little to no effort. All you need is your hall mate’s button down and a pair of Ray Bans. Let’s try to be more original here.

2. Spice Girls

Whether you’re a group of 3 or group of 5, the Spice Girls is a cute and go-to costume for collegiate women. Let’s be honest, who doesn’t wannabe Sporty Spice or Ginger Spice?

3. Cat or Mouse

These costumes either scream “I could not care less about Halloween and dressing up” or “yes, I am basic.” But the real question is whether you’ll choose to be as basic as Karen and dress as a mouse or be as basic as Gretchen and be the cat.

4. Chipotle Burrito

Despite the countless norovirus outbreaks, many people still love to dress as the Chipotle Burrito. Don’t forget that Chipotle gives you a free burrito if you go to Chipotle dressed in costume on Halloween!

5. Athlete

There’s nothing more comfortable or as easy to put together than wearing an oversized jersey, spandex, and Converse. Plus, who can resist an excuse to wear your hair up?

6. Alien

Urban Outfitters makes this costume very accessible. I’m sure we’ve all seen many alien costumes, all consisting of the neoprene skirts and bodysuits which come in all different colors and patterns.

7. School Girl

Britney Spears really brought this costume to life. Who would have thought that you or your friend’s private school skirt would eventually come in handy years later?

Costumes can be expensive, so if you’re on that broke college kid budget, check out these 3 costumes you can wear for under $20.  

Ellexa is a features writer at Her Campus. As a senior Tufts University, Ellexa studies economics and fim & media studies. She plays varsity field hockey at Tufts, has her own weekly webcasted show called Bo Zone, plays club lacrosse at Tufts, and writes for Tufts' chapter of Her Campus. In her free time, she loves to hang out with friends, watch Suits, online shop, and drink lots of iced chai tea lattes. After graduation, Ellexa hopes to work in the broadcast journalism industry. 
Courtney is a junior at Tufts University where she is majoring in International Relations with a double minor in Communications & Media studies and Economics. She has previously worked for Santander Bank US as a Digital Marketing Analytics Intern as well as Jumpstart Knowledge Adventure where she focused on Social Media Content Creation.