5 Clever Ways to Use your Keurig

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

The Keurig is much more than just an easy-to-use coffee brewer. It’s about time we learn how to creatively use our Keurigs for more than just our daily cup of coffee or tea. Here are five clever ways to use your Keurig:

Brew it over ice!

Not in the mood for a steaming cup of caffeine? Grab some ice (or steal some from Dewick), put it in your coffee mug and voila! You can make the perfect cup of iced coffee straight from your dorm room.

Snapple and Hot Cocoa

The Keurig K-Cups are not limited to coffee and tea! There are numerous different K-Cup drinks such as dark hot chocolate and Snapple lemonade.

Tea Bags, Not Just K-Cups

Can’t live without your favorite tea? No problem! Even if Keurig doesn’t make a special K-cup for it, you can steep any tea bag using the boiled water from your Keurig.

Instant Oatmeal

This is my favorite way to use my Keurig! You can make any kind of instant oatmeal with your Keurig! Whether it be flavored packets or plain Quaker Oats, just brew boiling water into your mug/bowl and there you go: breakfast in bed!

Other Instant Foods

Get crazy with your instant meals! Ramen noodles, soup, Kraft mac & cheese and even quinoa can be easily made with the Keurig! The Keurig is as a quick alternative to boiling a pot of water. Just follow directions according to the package.

photo credit: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/,