Secret Santa Gift Guide ($30 or less!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

For your dad

“What I love About Dad by Me” Book ($10)

Most parents prefer heartfelt gifts to presents you can buy at a store. Remember how excited they were when you brought home cards and poems that you made for them during craft time in elementary school? The “What I Love About Dad By Me” book is a more mature spin on the cards you used to design for your dad in art class. You fill each page with things that you love and appreciate about your father as well as your favorite memories and moments with him. For only $10 and a bit of effort, it’s a gift that is guaranteed to make him smile!

For your brother

Smartphone Projector 2.0 ($28)

Your bro is going to love this projector that will allow him to use his smartphone to play his favorite movies. For only $28, this is an insanely cool gift that’ll leave your brother fooled that you spent a fortune. It’s a useful and fun gift that all of his friends will be jealous of!

For your sister

Macaron Kit ($29.99)

This is a super sweet gift (literally) that gives you and your sis something to do for the next time you’re in the mood for some sibling bonding. You can have a blast making some French desserts together when you’re both in town! Maybe mom will let you and your sister make Christmas dessert this year?

For your best friend

“What I Love About You by Me” Book ($10) My best friend gave me this exact gift for Christmas last year, and it was one of the sweetest presents I’ve ever received. Similar to the “What I Love About Dad by Me” book, you write down all the things you love about your BFF as well as your favorite memories together. It’s so much fun for me to flip through the book and reminisce on all the awesome memories I have with my best friend. It’s a feel-good present that your friend will cherish for a long time.

For your best guy friend

Socks! ($10 for a pair)

Socks are adorable and useful at the same time! Be sure to check out uncommongoods.com, they have a lot of cool patterns and different designs. My personal favorites are the taco socks!

For someone you don’t know too well

Winter Glow Face Mask

Set of 6 Face masks are a fun gift that any girly-girl will love! It’s a challenge when you get someone you don’t know too well since it’s difficult to guess what they might like. Face masks are a fool-proof Secret Santa gift. I mean, who doesn’t love a relaxing spa night?

Pro Tip

Avoid gift cards! Gift cards are not good gifts to give for Secret Santa or EVER! They’re impersonal, and it makes it seem like you didn’t put any effort into picking something out. If you draw the name of someone you don’t know well, talk to them more, stalk their social media, do anything to get some idea of what they might like, just don’t resort to the gift card gift!