Meet the HerCampusTrin Team!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

Meet the faces behind the articles you’ve been reading all year!

Name:Ylan Nguyen
Year: 2012
Major: Political Science
Hometown: Nashua, NH
High School: St. Marks School

Self-proclaimed motto: “Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.”
Who would play you in a movie: I’d be a cartoon. 
Favorite childhood movie/tv series: Lion King!
Favorite piece of your wardrobe: My most comfy Patriots sweatshirt
Favorite HC Trinity article: Right now it’d have to be Rhodes and Keeks’ latest 
Favorite off campus restaurant: Too many to name – but two big ones are Chipotle and Max Burger
Cocktail of choice: Long Island Ice Tea and Lemon Drop Shots
What Allie has to say about me: Saying that Ylan and I are just friends would be a vast understatement, what we have is more like a whirlwind romance (maybe I’m just obsessed?). She is easily the most thoughtful and selfless person I know, always willing to take care of the (many) friends around her. Ylan is a rock; organized, honest, and level-headed when you need it most. Beautiful and fashionable, she is adored by our HC Trin staff, and we are lucky to have her!

[pagebreak]

Name: Sarah Gardiner
Year: 2013
Major: Political Science
Hometown: Swampscott, MA
High School: Swampscott High School

Self-proclaimed motto: “Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy—both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.” –Michael Scott
Favorite childhood movie/tv series: Jack Hanna’s Animal Adventures (LOL)
Favorite piece of your wardrobe: City fit J.Crew shorts–so easy to dress both up and down.
Favorite HC Trinity article: Rhodes wrote an article that proved very helpful for the makeup-inept like me: 
Favorite off campus restaurant: In West Hartford, Arugula; Downtown, Trumbull Kitchen.
Cocktail of choice: Am I an old man if I say Maker’s Mark?
What Ylan has to say about me: Anybody on this campus can confirm that Sarah is always so friendly, smiling as she greets each and every person that comes her way.  She doesn’t even realize how she can brighten someone’s mood or day.  She is involved with the Community Service Office here at Trinity, running the mentor program along with all of her other projects where her work ethic, and care for others is admirable.  Something that defines her in my mind is her constant use of idioms, puns, and sayings that make even the shortest conversation with her simply dazzling

[pagebreak]

Name: Amanda Keyko
Year: 2014
Major: Psychology and the Classics
Hometown: Manhattan, NY
High School: Trinity School

Self-proclaimed motto: “Work hard, play harder.”
Who would play you in a movie: Camilla Belle.
Favorite childhood movie/tv series: Lizzie McGuire
Favorite piece of your wardrobe: My J.Crew blazer, it is definitely one of my staple items.
Favorite HC Trinity article: I think my favorite would be the first article I ever wrote for HerCampus 
Favorite off campus restaurant: Barcelona and Arugula (so good!)
Cocktail of choice: Mojito, no questions asked!
What Sarah has to say about me: I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know Amanda, (affectionately, “Keeks”) as a crucial part of the HC Trin team. She’s beautiful (inside and out), she’s stylish, she’s smart, she’s funny, and she’s the life of the party. Do I have a girl crush on her? The better question is, who doesn’t?

[pagebreak]

Name: Julia Grasso
Year: 2012
Major: English/American Studies
Hometown: Swampscott, MA
High School: Swampscott High School

Self-proclaimed motto: “Excited to be here.”
Who would play you in a movie: Vince Vaughn
Favorite childhood movie/tv series: Boy Meets World
Favorite piece of your wardrobe: A lace top that my mom passed down to me
Favorite HC Trinity article: My Halloween costume article; don’t be slutty! 
Favorite off campus restaurant: Max Burger
Cocktail of choice: A UFO White on the beach
What Samantha has to say about me: Seeing Jules always brightens my day! She always has the sweetest greetings that put a smile on my face. Even on a rainy day, seeing her bright yellow rain coat traipsing across campus makes it a little sunnier. Julia is one of the brightest people I have ever met, and can always give me a fun little fact. Having her in my life has been one of the best parts of my experience at Trin, I wish she would never graduate!

[pagebreak]

Name: Allie Marchese
Year: 2014
Major: Political Science & Philosophy
Hometown: Princeton, New Jersey
High School: Princeton High School

Self-proclaimed motto: “It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old, they grow old because they stop pursuing dreams.” -Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Who would play you in a movie: Scarlett Johansson, dating John Mayer and best friends with Amanda Bynes a la She’s the Man (too much?)
Favorite piece of your wardrobe: vests, an addiction I’ve acquired from my mother
Favorite HC Trinity article: Sarah always gets me laughing
Favorite off campus restaurant: Barcelona
Cocktail of choice: Long Island iced tea
What Julia has to say about me: As a transfer student, Allie is the best thing that has happened to Trinity this year.  I admire her strength and poise in adjusting to a new school, and she has done it with a fierce gracefulness.  She is not only involved with HerCampus Trinity, she has also jumped head first into the community service initiative, and is loved and cherished by all of her friends.  I’ve also never seen her in a pair of sweatpants—which is impressive to say the least.

[pagebreak]

Name: Samantha Rhodes
Year: 2014
Major: Art History
Hometown: Providence, RI
High School: Moses Brown School

Self-proclaimed motto: “I never think of myself as an icon, I just do my thing.”
Who would play you in a movie: Kristen Bell (you know you love me….)
Favorite childhood movie/tv series: Wizard of Oz
Favorite piece of your wardrobe: Does my entire collection of gym shorts count?
Favorite HC Trinity article: Ylan’s celebrity trends 
Favorite off campus restaurant: Bricco or Chiptole, can’t ever go wrong with a burrito.
Cocktail of choice: Cape Codders or straight up Bud Light
What Amanda has to say about me: Some of you might recognize her as a former campus cutie, but you would never guess this suntanned beauty transferred to Trinity this year. She has seamlessly adjusted, and I can’t imagine going to school without her. She is an amazing friend and always knows how to put a smile on your face. You will never meet someone more knowledgeable about TV shows, football, or nail polish!

Julia is a senior at Trinity College in Hartford, CT.  She is a double major in English and American Studies.  Julia serves on the English Adviosry Board, and is an active particpant in various performances on campus through the Thearter and Dance and the Music Department at Trinity.  She loves to write, has a passion for music and dance, and sometimes thinks she's as funny as Vince Vaughn.