This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

The holiday season is here and it’s time for some cheer! Whether you’re attending an intimate dinner party, a winter gala, or simply having a fun night out with your girls, you’re sure to find the perfect excuse to purchase a new dress (because let’s face it, there’s not much more that girls love)! With so many options to pick from at a wide range of price points, it’s hard to commit to just one fabulous frock. This list is guaranteed to help you narrow your choices between velvet or brocade, lace or sequins, and everything in between!

Fit and Flare: Fit and Flares are cute, comfy, and can be easily dressed up or dressed down. A go-to silhouette for any semi-formal, you’re sure to shine under the mistletoe! 

save: Everly Textured Bow Back Dress-$54

Splurge: 

ERIN erin fetherston ‘Dolly’ Lace & Metallic Pique Fit & Flare Dress– $358

Sheath: Sheath dresses are a great option for an elegant event, while still remaining casual with a knee length hemline. Bright, solid colors with a pop of pizzazz or more subtle tones with dazzling details will look classy and captivating!

Save: 

Nue Viala Pencil Dress -$188

Splurge: 

Adrianna Papell Illusion Yoke Beaded Sheath Dress -$258

Body-Con: Body-Con dresses are perfect for New Years Eve or a casual holiday party with friends. Ditch the bandage look and try a bold fabric like velvet or long-sleeves for a slightly more conservative, but just as glamorous look!

Save: 

June & Hudson Mock Neck Velvet Body-Con Dress – $52

Splurge:

Dress the Population ‘Bridget’ Sequin V-Neck Body-Con Dress $198

Gowns: If you are going to a black tie affair, enjoy every minute of getting to feel like a princess- a gorgeous gown in rich fabrics and intricate details is the way to go! 

Save:

Xscape Pleated Mixed Media Gown- $208

Splurge:

Tadashi Shoji Beaded Lace Yoke Gathered Mesh Gown – $548

Dream Dresses: What’s better than satin, bows, and tulle? Nothing, in my opinion, which is why these two enchanting dresses, by Milly and Kate Spade, are my wish list dresses this season! 

Save:

kate spade Bow Back Fit and Flare Dress– $428

Splurge:

Milly Tulle Skirt Fit & Flare Midi Dress– $1,295

Kelly is a junior at Trinity College, double majoring in English and American Studies. Besides being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus, she is a barista at Peter B's Espresso, Features Editor of The Trinity Tripod, and a member of the executive council for SGA.
American Studies Major at Trinity College