Blogger Spotlight: Lonestar Southern

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

I wanted to share with you all one of my current favorite bloggers.  I’m constantly reading blogs to avoid homework and to find outfit inspiration, and Kate of Lonestar Southern gives me real closet envy.  Since she’s from Dallas, it’s pretty much always warm there, so she is constantly dressing for summer and it’s really making me hate on New England’s freezing spring.  Now that the season is really starting to feel like it’s changing for the warmer, bright colors and white jeans (after Easter) can finally reappear, and it’s been too long.

Kate tells us on her blog how she was orginally a PR major; here’s her story from her website:

The story behind starting Lonestar Southern is an unexpected one. As a public relations major at the University of Texas at Austin, I was required to take a course called “Writing for Public Relations” during the spring semester of my sophomore year. One of the assignments in this class was to create a blog, any type of blog, and to create four blog posts for it.

At that point, fashion blogging was just barely beginning to emerge. In fact, I had no idea fashion blogging was even a “thing,” and initially started this blog as one focused on Texas culture and southern style. (If you want a laugh, go back through my first four posts!)

Needless to say, that was one school assignment I ended up loving. So much so, in fact, that I kept up with it all summer. It wasn’t long before Lonestar Southern had become my full-time hobby! After a lot of thought and prayer, I decided to take Lonestar Southern full-time upon graduation. Needless to say, it has been one of the best decisions of my life! There is nothing I love more than sharing what I’m loving and learning with you all.

She’s a recent college graduate, so she is just around our age, keeping her style both youthful and mature — in otherwords, she dresses her age and knows how to have fun with it.  Her style is primarily southern prep, but with a hint of trendiness to her.  It’s young and it’s chic.  She posts a couple of times a week and links what she’s wearing below.  Check out her website!

She posts on just about every form of social media, including Youtube for tutorials and Q&A’s

The websites she pulls from range from Shein.com to Kate Spade, so there’s a huge variety for everyone of every price range!