Avoid the plague

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

If you’re not wearing a clinical mask around campus, you might want to reconsider, for it seems as if there’s a plague going around. I’m not referencing the same plague of the Middle Ages, although the horrible hack is still there. Here, we’ve compiled a few tips and tricks to avoid catching the cough / scratchy throat / congestion combination floating in the air stream. 

1.     Airborne / Emergen-C:

Okay, so I think we all know the unreal benefits of taking either of these. The plot twist came when Airborne released delicious, multi-vitamin and immune system boosting gummies. They’re also coated in sugar. Yes, please.

2.     Purell:

I know some people (ahem, doctors) recommend not using, or rather over-using, Purell, but I’m a firm believer in the power of the anti-bacterial gel. Unless you want to look like a huge loser, I’d suggest grabbing a pocket-sized bottle to keep in your bag at all times.

3.     Sleep:

Quit your crying, and get some sleep. No really, sleep is probably the best thing you can do for your immune system and also the hardest thing to actually attain. However, if you can squeeze in some naps throughout the day, I can promise you that it will do you some good. 

American Studies Major at Trinity College