Woman of the Week: Robyn Rihanna Fenty

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Rihanna is one of those women who have been slaying the game since day one. She is a modern day Greek Goddess and someone who everyone can look up to. Her music is powerful and always challenges and inspires us to be more confident. Not to mention, some of her songs give us major flashbacks to middle school dances. Rihanna has walked the Victoria’s Secret runway flawlessly, showing the VS models themselves how it’s done. There are plenty of women who use their fame to talk about the importance of feminism (and they do a pretty damn good job), but Rihanna fearlessly and unapologetically lives it. She notoriously wears clothing to show off her “unfeminine tattoos” and sweatpants that makes us all want to be in her shoes.

Now, she has women and men lining up at Sephora with her new Fenty make-up line. Not only is it a staple in everyone’s makeup bag, but it is inclusive to men and women of all skin tones. From the lightest shade made with Albino people in mind to the darkest red-toned shade for women who otherwise have a hard time finding makeup. I think I can speak for everyone when I say how proud I am of Rihanna for coming out with forty flawless foundations catering to absolutely everybody. Rihanna is the woman of the week because of her grace, beauty, and her not-give-a-f*** attitude to help every person feel more confident and more beautiful.