Towson Tantrum: People in Group Projects

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

With the end of the semester nearing you are bound to start having more projects due in your classes. Projects are bad enough, but finding out that you have a group project sometimes feels like hearing that the world is ending tomorrow. Now you not only have to complete a project, you also have to deal with people. They say working in a group will help you gain interpersonal skills that will help you in the work world but in my experience it just teaches me that there are people in this world that will drive you crazy. Here are five people you may encounter when working in a group:

1. The person that is missing in action.

This person has been M.I.A since the day the project was assigned, they never show up to class and you are not even sure that they go here anymore.

2. The person that says they are too busy to meet.

Planning to meet with multiple people is always a struggle but when you get the one person that just says “I’m to busy to meet”, you can’t help but roll your eyes and bite your tongue because you know all you wan to scream is, “We are all busy just help us find a time and shut your mouth!”

3.  The person who does nothing.

The worst person of all, the person who will expect their name to be on the project but will contribute nothing to the group. It’s a group project we need to work as a group! Why do some people not grasp this concept?

4. The person who waits until last minute.

When the group project is contingent on others doing their part before you can finish yours it’s an even bigger nightmare. You are depending on these people doing their part so that you can get a good grade. This person will make you sit and wait until its midnight on the day before the project is due and the person finally decides to do their part.

5.  The person that makes it way more complicated than it has to be.

Group projects are hard enough. This person will make your life a living hell by making everything more difficult then it has to be.

Sophomore at Towson University. Mass Communications with a track in Journalism and New Media and a marketing minor. I am a jersey girl. Love the beach, reading and hanging with my friends. Twitter: @sehardt23