This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

This past Friday, Greek Life and many other special volunteers took a break from the usual weekend shennanigans to attend a charity event benefitting local children.  TigerTHON is a 12 hour dance marathon to raise money for the Johns Hopkin Children’s Center, a partner hospital of the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. 

The event started at 6 pm on Friday, February 21 and ended the next morning at 6 am.  In the weeks before, Fraternity and Sorority pairs competed to donate the most money as a team in hopes of taking first place.  It was a close call, but Phi Mu and Phi Sigma Kappa came in first place with over $19,000 donated! 

Dance marathons to raise money for Childrens Miracle Network Hospitals are gaining popularity throughout the country with around 150 schools nationwide participating in events similar to TigerTHON.  This year Towson raised an incredible $131,634 overall, almost double the total from last year!  

Although 12 hours of dancing took a toll on our volunteer’s bodies, their spirits could not be brighter.