david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ten Halloween Costume Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Halloweekend is the perfect time to showcase your personality and creativity through a costume!

Here are TEN Halloween costume ideas that are sure to be a hit this weekend!

1. Wednesday Addams – Becoming Wednesday Addams for Halloween is simple! All you need for this look is black lipstick, two braids, a white button-up shirt/t-shirt, a black dress, and black knee high socks/tights! 
  2. Rockstars/Musicians – Effortlessly dress up as your favorite band/artist! All you need is a band/artist with a well-known signature (KISS & the star on the eye, Snooki & the tight leopard dress and the teased hair, etc.)
  3. Sandy from Grease – Classic costume idea that looks great on everyone! All you need is an off the shoulder top/bodysuit, high waisted leather or disco pants, a black belt, red heels, and Sandy’s iconic curly locks!
  4. Claire from Cluless – This one is a super cute costume that will never go out of style. What you will need is a yellow blazer, a yellow plaid skirt, a plain white tank top/t-shirt, and white thigh high socks. 
  5. Little Red Riding Hood – This one may be the most simple of them all. All you need for this costume is a long, red hood! It is completely up to you what you wear (or don’t wear) underneath of it! 
  6. Bae Watch – A modern take of a classic show! For this costume all you’re going to need a red one piece (preferrably one that says “BAE WATCH”), a whistle, sheer tights, and white socks that bunch at the ankle! 
  7. Jessica Rabbit – This is another intricate costume that will undoubtably turn heads! To achieve the full Jessica Rabbit look, you are going to need a red sequined dress with a slit, long purple gloves, and red heels. 
  8. Harley Quinn –  a fan favorite from the hit movie “Suicide Squad.” This is going to be a very popular costume, but a cute one nonetheless. To fully embody the craziness of Harley Quinn you’re going to need a “Daddy’s Lil Monster” t-shirt, black or red/blue shorts, ripped fishnet tights, a black studded belt, black studded bracelets, a choker, two pigtails, and the signature Harley Quinn makeup. The jacket is optional but sells the costume!
  9. Beetlejuice – Ahh, yes that movie we all loved (and hated) from our childhood. This look can be achieved by a black and white striped suit set (matching blazer and pants) and a black top. 
  10. Dead Dolls – This is definitely a costume that is outside of the box and possibly the cheapest costume of all. All you’re going to need is an oversized white t-shirt, two braids, and fake blood (or dark red body paint). 

Alright ladies, I hope this helped you find your new costume this Halloween! 
    Stay safe and remember, there is only one holiday in the entire year that you can appropriately dress like this so have fun with it!
    HCXO

"Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it." - Kevyn Aucoin ♡     Dominique Melton Dominique Melton is a student at Towson University studying Mass Communication with a track in Public Relations with a minor in Business Administration. She dreams to work in the fashion industry once she graduates, as she has not only a passion for writing but fashion as well.  Speaking of her passions she also loves: • live music • photography • singing • shopping • health/fitness   Fun facts about her include: • She's been to 151 concerts and listens to everything from rock to r&b, edm to alternative, indie to hip-hop, and blues to pop • She's a girl who can code! • She loves to learn which makes for great conversation • She is a massive One Direction fan and knows everything about them...literally everything • She learned how to play the piano and guitar by ear • She has performed at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.   You can follow her on Twitter here and Instagram here!
Her Campus

Towson '25