Pumpkin on Everything

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

You know its fall when you go to the grocery store and see pumpkin or pumpkin spice flavored everything. From September to early December you’ll find that pumpkin has found its way into every food and beverage imaginable.  

When I went grocery shopping at Trader Joe’s the other day I saw pumpkin bread, tea, coffee, pie, ice cream, macarons, mochi, butter, cookies…the list goes on. I also can’t forget about the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte which debuted early this year. Being the pumpkin lover that I am, I had to try some of it (try the pumpkin mochi, it’s delicious), because if you haven’t had anything pumpkin flavored yet is it even Fall? I do think that there’s a limit on what food and drinks should have pumpkin or pumpkin spice in them: I’ve heard of pumpkin flavored pringles and pumpkin spice vodka which don’t sound very appealing (on a side note the pumpkin spice vodka gives a whole new meaning to the term “white girl wasted”). 

This is the season of pumpkin everything, so you might as well indulge in all of the delicious treats, because the second November is over, we’re gonna be bombarded with peppermint and eggnog flavored goodies. Then you’ll get to read my article on why eggnog is amazing. 

Happy Fall everyone! HCXO

Images courtesy of Twitter

Junior at Towson University. Political Science major, Mass Communication minor. Raised Right. Lover of all things figure skating, the Baltimore Ravens, coffee and mixed drinks. Twitter: @Melliiisssaaaa Instagram: @Melliiissssaaaaa