Professor Jonathan Vincent

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Name: Jonathan Vincent

How many years have you taught at Towson? Two. This is my third year.

Hometown? Lexington, KY

Favorite place to eat? My favorite place here in Baltimore is Woodberry Kitchen. If I want something larger and less expensive I hit Luigi’s sandwich shop in Hampden or get the smoked salmon BLT at Neopol in Belvedere Square.

Favorite place to go to? One of my closest friends lives in San Francisco so that’s one of my favorite travel destinations, but locally, I just love walking around in Baltimore. My favorite thing to do on my day off is to walk from my house to the Inner Harbor: through Hampden, Remington, Charles North, and Mt. Vernon down Charles Street. Not to mention Oriole Park at Camden Yards. We try to go to as many Sunday afternoon games as possible. I call it my sanctuary.

Favorite movie? Big Lewbowski or Diner, tough call. But basically anything Coen Brothers.

Favorite TV show? Any Orioles game. Let’s! Go! O’s!

Favorite Music Genre? Rock and Roll…hundreds of favorites in every decade.

Life Goal? Right now, I’d say to watch the Orioles win the 2014 World Series. I have more sophisticated life goals involving book writing and world travel, but I’m just swept up in this current and can’t get out!

Why do you like Towson? I love our students. Most of them are eager, generous young people who give me at least a modicum of faith in the future of humanity. Any class has its handful of screw ups, but the overwhelming majority are alert, lively, considerate people with whom I just love talking about “the big ideas” in literature.

Kelsey is a junior at Towson University. She is a mass communications major with tracks in public relations, advertising, and journalism and minoring in marketing. Kelsey loves One Direction, 80s movies, K-pop, and makeup. She spends her spare time watching Asian dramas, writing, googling random things, and searching for the next makeup product she wants from Sephora. Other than studying and writing for Her Campus, Kelsey likes to go to new cities and attend as many concerts as she can. She is also currently nursing a broken heart due to Zayn Malik. Twitter: @kelseyjswann Instagram: @kelsey.swann