Keiara West

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Meet Keiara West! She is an exceptionally involved student in the Towson Community and native to Baltimore, MD. Keiara is a senior Mass Communications major on the Public Relations and Advertising tracks. During her years at Towson University she has been involved in a plethora of various student organizations, as well as, acquiring leadership roles and awards in those organizations. You have probably seen her at many Friday Night Live and Saturday Scene events because Keiara is an Advisory Board Member in the Office of Student Activities (OSA). In her early college career, she was a SAGE Mentor for two years. Then, she expanded her involvement to the Black Student Union (BSU), the Sisterhood Organization and the National Council of Negro Women (NCNW). Joining these organization early sparked her interest in student involvement. 

She has always been the athletic type and was a member of the Towson Track Club. Keiara is also a member and treasurer of the modeling team, Modelz of Distinction (MOD). Modeling first captured her attention as a freshman.  She tried a shot at modeling but wasn’t picked for her first tryout. She saw another opportunity to model for the African Diaspora Club (ADC) Explosion show and she worked the runway in her first show. This experience allowed her to realize her love for modeling. She attended a MOD Fashion show, saw the extravagant scene with Victoria Secret wings and knew that she wanted to be a part of that team.

Being a model, a student activities intern, and a senior with another part-time job has its time demands. She has a full schedule and balances all her activities with an essential calendar guide to keep organized. Keiara has gained esteemed titles and awards because of her positive visibility and hard work in the Towson Community. Fall of 2013, Keiara West was titled Homecoming Queen. Her academic life has also benefited, as she is a recipient of the George F. Roswer Scholarship. She has made herself known amongst students and faculty.

In the next 5 years, she sees herself going to graduate school and getting an internship with a public relations firm. Ultimately planning big city events such as the Macy’s Day Parade in NYC or Mardi Gras in New Orleans, LA. She can also see herself making Superbowl commercials. Keiara is very proud to announce that she is going to Spain for Study Abroad in Summer 2014!

Keiara wants the readers of this interview to take this away from the interview, “Definitely get involved! Seek internships in your major. You can do any and everything. Time management is key.”

My name is Josephine Hill I consider myself to be an artist in every facet of my existence! Makeup Artist (MUA) - Model - Painter - Writer - Fashionista I'm from the D (M) V I currently attend Towson University I am a Mass Communications Major Contact: jhill24@students.towson.edu Follow me on Twitter: @LadyJo_LovesU Be friends with me on Facebook: Josephine Hill