Campus Celebrity: Savannah Giovannoni

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Savannah is a Junior at Towson University. Discovering she had a passion for food, she created her own food blog on Instagram called @baltimoremetrofoodie. She focuses on posting food that is affordable for college students in the Towson and Baltimore area.

What inspired you to create your food blog and when did you start it?

I started my blog the spring semester of my sophomore year. I have been running it for about six months now. I hated how my personal Instagram was looking between my explorer page and news feed since it began to look superficial. So, I decided to focus on something that I love which is food. I am very passionate about the food industry since my parents own a restaurant. I saw an Instagram page called @eatmorebaltimore which inspired me to make a food blog focused on restaurants in the Towson and Baltimore area.  My cousin was my inspiration as well. She created an Instagram food blog called @yummydublin while she lived in Dublin for a year as her way to learn more about their culture.  

How can someone begin their journey as a food blogger?

Take pictures of everything! All the food you think is worthy of sharing whether it be your plate or your friends plate. Social media is a way to express yourself which I do through the pictures I take of food.

What tips do you have for starting your own food blog?

• Networking and sharing with your friends to create a strong base of followers.
  • Making sure you have enough content to keep people interested.
  • Market yourself to others whenever you get a chance. For example, I will tell people in my class to follow me.
  • Interact with other food bloggers in the area. I tag them in photos and they like my pictures. I show them love, they show me love.

What have you learned from the process of creating your blog?

My photo editing skills have gotten better. I have also come to figure out which pictures can get me the most likes and which ones my followers are looking for when I show up on their feed.

Does your food blog relate to what you want to do once you graduate college?

Yes, I am currently majoring in Mass Communication with a concentration in Public Relations. I want to work in the food industry when I graduate. My dream career would be to do Public Relations for the Food Network or restaurants’ in New York City.

What do you want people to take away from this interview?

If you’re thinking about starting your own blog whether it be food or fashion, you should do it! It’s not about the followers, I truly just enjoying doing what I love.

Here are some pictures from her Instagram food blog @baltimoremetrofoodie:

If you like what you see, support Savannah and follow her @baltimoremetrofoodie!

Hi, I'm Talore. Currently, I am junior at Towson University. I am a  English major with a minor in Business, Communications, and the Liberal Arts. Some of my hobbies include traveling, listening to music, going to concerts, reading, and binge watching some show on Netflix. I enjoy drinking coffee (honestly, I am an addict!) and I am obsessed with dogs. Along with Her Campus, I am the Head of Recruitment Operations for my sorority Delta Phi Epsilon. This is my second year on the Her Campus team and I love being part of this organization!  Instagram: @itstalore
Her Campus

Towson '25