The Best Things to Buy at Trader Joe’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Towson has many grocery stores to choose from, and one of my favorites is Trader Joe’s. Located near Campus and The Towson Town Center, it is a convenient way to try food and products you will not find anywhere else.  Here are some of my favorites: 

Salmon Burgers

A healthier option than a beef burger, the salmon burgers at Trader Joe’s are easy to cook and delicious. I like to cook them in a pan with some spices and balsamic vinaigrette and put them on a fresh roll. 

Pre-Made Salads

Most pre-made salads that I have gotten don’t taste fresh, however, the ones at Trader Joe’s are different. They are fresh and always taste like they have not been sitting out. I like to bring them to school or work when I know I am going to have a long day. My favorite is the Mexi-Cali!

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

With coconut oil being the latest known super food, Trader Joe’s has it at the best price. You can use this on food, on your skin, and in your hair!

Basmati Rice

This is something my roommate introduced me to. Here is the best way to cook it: For every cup of rice, boil one cup of water with one cup of chicken broth.  Let the rice boil then simmer covered until the rice is soft and the liquid is dissolved.  Add oil and butter for more flavor! 

Nourish Face Wash and Face Moisturizer 

I love this stuff! I wash and moisturize my face with this everyday.  My face has never been so soft.  It is also very gentile and soothing. 

The Deserts

The Deserts seem to line every aisle at Trader Joe’s. I can’t pick just one, but anything you try is sure to be addictive and mouthwatering!

Organic Orange Strawberry Banana Juice 

There are not too many drink options at Trader Joe’s, but this is the best one you are going to get! I cannot get enough of it.