This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

In my last article I talked about the main reasons why people become Hooked on Kpop. In this article, I want to highlight Kpop idols that have the ability to be “hair chameleons”. In other words, there are multiple singers that are able to dye and style their hair in outrageous ways but always look good! I would love to be able to dye my hair crazy colors and have it look okay but sadly, there is not much that this ginger can do. Now, I know that having crazy or wild hair is not a characteristic specific to only Kpop, but I feel that it is something that is more widely accepted within Kpop. You will see that both male and female idols do crazy things with their hair! Here are 5 idols that I consider to be true hair chameleons!

Dara from 2NE1

Everytime 2NE1 has a new song, I know that Dara will most likely have a new crazy hairstyle to show us. For their most recent comeback, she sported the blue hair in the first picture. Not only is the color very vibrant but the cut seems odd as well. However, Dara is able to work the hairstyle and even made me want to dye my hair blue! Dara’s adorable looks make every hairstyle work.

Sunny from Girls’ Generation

Sunny, like Dara, has had some pretty crazy hair colors! Other than the blue and the purple seen above, her hair has also been pink. In these pictures her hair is very short and cute, but is a great contrast from her usual long, dark hair. Though these hairstyles are very different from her usual look, Sunny matches the bright colors through her happiness and natural cuteness.

Key from SHINee

Key’s hairstyles are quite out there. The pastel colors in his hair in the first picture are so light that one would think they would make someone as pale as Key look washed out but he ended up looking cute. Key is someone that experiments with many things with his hair! In the second picture, he is sporting a platinum blonde color on the shaved side of his head while the rest of his hair is a deep brown. That is something that I have never seen done before, and something that will probably not look good on anyone but Key!

Zico from Block B

At first, I didn’t realize that Zico experimented with his hair so many times! From the blonde to the blue to the dreadlocks! He is one of the only idols I know of to have tried dreadlocks, and I personally enjoyed that look. Zico is a fierce rapper, so his hair has to be as fierce and out there as he is!

G-Dragon from Big Bang

This list would not be complete without G-Dragon. G-Dragon changes his hairstyle so often that it is hard to remember what his hair is currently like. From the pictures above, you can see that he loves color and he is not afraid to do something that has not been seen before. G-Dragon is a style icon and with his everchanging hair, he has become a “hair icon” I guess one could say! I think that G-Dragon can pull off any hairstyle, no matter what, and he will definitely make you want to do the same thing!

Kelsey is a junior at Towson University. She is a mass communications major with tracks in public relations, advertising, and journalism and minoring in marketing. Kelsey loves One Direction, 80s movies, K-pop, and makeup. She spends her spare time watching Asian dramas, writing, googling random things, and searching for the next makeup product she wants from Sephora. Other than studying and writing for Her Campus, Kelsey likes to go to new cities and attend as many concerts as she can. She is also currently nursing a broken heart due to Zayn Malik. Twitter: @kelseyjswann Instagram: @kelsey.swann