Top 10 SNL Sketches of the Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Who doesn’t love to Saturday Night Live? We’ve come up with a list of our top 10 favorite skits of the season, so get binging on your Thanksgiving break.

10. Black Jeopardy with Tom Hanks

Season 42, Episode 4

This one’s more of a “chuckle, chuckle” one. (We’re starting off easy). Tom Hanks Guest Hosts SNL and joins some of the cast for Black Jeopardy.

9. SNL’s Version of Stranger Things

Season 42, Episode 2

If you love Stranger Things you’ll love SNL’s version of it. The cast of SNL (along with Guest Host Lin-Manuel Miranda) take on the “sneak peak” of Stranger Things’ second season.

8. Donald Trump vs. Hillary Clinton Third Debate Cold Open

Season 42, Episode 4

Much like this election, this sketch was something. It was hilarious (but sometimes went too far because of this it’s ranked at number 8). Kate McKinnon and Alec Baldwin are back at it again with brilliant impersonations of this year’s past Presidential Candidates in this sketch while Guest Host Tom Hanks plays the mediator Chris Wallace.

7. Chonk

Season 42, Episode 3

In this sketch, SNL created a commercial for the (hopefully fictiounoous) store “Chonk” to shed some light on the ridiculous commericals we see nowadays. SPOILER ALERT: It also shows how different clothing stores are for men and women.

6. Celebrity Family Feud: Political Edition

Season 42, Episode1

SNL’s cast create their political version of Family Feud with Guest Host Margot Robbie.

5. Dave Chappelle’s Stand-Up Monologue

Season 42, Episode 6

Dave Chappelle performed a monologue for the SNL episode that he hosted, during which he discussed sensitive topics but managed to make them funny.

4. Weekend Update: Denise McDonough and Doreen Troilo 

Season 42, Episode 2

Tina Fey and Jimmy Fallon return to SNL as two undecided voters on the Weekend Update.

3. Tom Hanks America’s Dad Monologue

Season 42 

Tom Hanks performs a monologue as “America’s dad.” Watching this after the election results is reassuring somehow – Tom Hanks is the heartwarming political father figure we never knew we needed.

2. Election Night

Season 42, Episode 6

Dave Chappelle, the Guest Host for this episode, and Guest Star Chris Rock bring some truth to SNL’s depiction of Election Night.

1. Donald Trump vs. Hillary Clinton Debate Cold Open

Season 42, Episode 1

This one steals the cake. Alec Baldwin and Kate McKinnon impersonate Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in SNL’s first installment of the sketches of the various debates.

Samara is currently a senior Journalism major at Temple University. She has always possessed a passion for writing and currently serves as the Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Temple. Eventually, she hopes to work in the magazine industry. In her free time, she loves exploring the city of Philadelphia, trying new restaurants, and attending concerts. Samara can be reached at samara.grossel@temple.edu.