Nick Madara is Training for Greatness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

You’ve probably spotted Nick Madara on campus (most likely at the gym). He’s not hard to find, because you can usually hear him and his buddies talking and laughing in the distance. Nick is so outgoing and friendly that he’s usually surrounded with people. If you happen to meet him, it’s not hard to get to know him. You’ll rarely meet someone so energetic and entertaining and just plain fun to be around. 

Age: 18

Year: Freshman

Major: Exercise and Sports Science

Relationship Status: Single (pay attention, girls)

Hobbies: Lifting, swimming, and playing Frisbee. Nick is always active, but when he does relax, he’ll often pick up a book. He’s interested in psychology, but since he doesn’t study it in school, he likes to read as much as he can about it. 

Values: Education is of huge importance to Nick. So much so that he has a variety of concerns and thoughts about how we can improve our educational system. 

Aspirations: To open a gym and work with professionals. He also hopes to be able to work with kids to teach them about the importance of staying fit and healthy. 

3 Words To Describe Him: “Beautiful,” he laughs good-naturedly. In seriousness, he told me he would describe himself as hardworking, dedicated and reliable. But we’ll still add on beautiful. 

Fun Fact: Nick is the youngest student personal trainer at Temple University! 

Cats or Dogs?: Cats, because you can “hug it and love it and squeeze it.” 

Favorite Movie: “Law Abiding Citizen” or “Lord of The Rings” (but if on a date, he’ll let you pick the movie)

Ideal Date: A low-key, but still romantic night-in watching a movie after he has prepared a homemade meal.   

Ideal Girl: A girl that has something she’s passionate about, whatever it may be. He likes someone who has a good sense of humor, is a good conversationalist and that he can talk with for hours. 

Jordan is health and fitness writer for Her Campus and a sophomore at Temple University studying journalism and French. She enjoys reading, writing, photographing, and traveling when she gets the chance. She also has a linkedin, because she hopes to be employed someday: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jordan-gunselman/88/205/44a
Jennifer Nguyen is a senior journalism student at Temple. She has been a part of Her Campus Temple since its formation in 2010 and being a part of HCTU has been one of the best things she has ever done. She aspires to be a magazine writer in New York after graduation. Jennifer is passionate about learning more about the world around her and hopes to travel the world one day. As a journalist, she strives to share the stories of people whose voices need to be heard. In her spare time, she loves reading French literature, learning languages and watching Bravo reality TV shows.