This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Did you love reading magazines when you were growing up? Do you still love reading them? Find yourself ALWAYS scouring through online articles and sending them to your friends? Have you ever thought, “Wow, I totally could have wrote that?” 

If you answered, “Yes!” to any of those questions, then Her Campus Temple needs you! Achieve your dream of writing that article that is ultra relatable, achieve your dream of seeing your photography take off and channel your networking skills with us! 

Her Campus Temple is an outlet for voices of Temple University. Here’s what we look for in team members:

• Passion for sharing stories- It can be an article or a photograph that tells the story, but our main priority is the story is told with the most journalistic integrity possible. Stories should be true, the quotes should be real and “fluff” (the unnecessary stuff) should be at 0%. 
  • You can make things happen-Besides operating an online magazine, we are an organization at Temple University, which means that we are leaders on campus! Every semester, we hold multiple events that engage the Temple community. We expect our team to help execute these events to make sure they are as successful as possible! 
  • Teamwork- Obvious, right? As the saying goes…teamwork makes the dream work! If you’re a people person, a leader or someone who knows how to work great with others, we need you. We intend to be supportive of one another as much as possible.
  • Consistency- We hold bi-weekly meetings for team and expect 100% attendance. It helps everyone get to know each other and helps everyone work better together! Sometimes, there’s candy. Well…all of the time there is candy. 

Going into the 2015-2016 school year, we are looking for the following positions: 

Editors- Editors are grammar buffs and are familiar with AP Style. You will attend weekly executive board meetings on Wednesdays from 4:30-5:30 p.m. and bi-weekly meetings on Wednesdays from 6-7 p.m. We will be looking for people who have experience with writing and know what makes an article “readable”.  As an editor, you’ll work with our managing editor to decide what your section needs that week and how to work in theme articles. You will be collaborating with a team of writers and assigning them articles based on their positions and abilities. We need editors for the following sections:

• Fashion & Beauty- You will edit all fashion and beauty articles written by both staff writers and general members and follow the editorial calendar. 
  • Campus Life & News-You will over see the Campus Cutie, Campus Celebrity and other Campus Life & News articles written by both staff writers and general members and follow the editorial calendar.
  • Arts & Entertainment-You will assign reviews, event coverage and edit all articles written by both staff writers and general members and follow the editorial calendar. You will also help your writers get press passes and credentials when necessary. 

Interested in any of these staff positions?  Fill out this form

Writers- Her Campus Temple allows you to write about what you are most passionate about! Sports, fashion, art, campus news…you name it, you can write about it! You will need to attend bi-weekly meetings on Wednesdays from 6-7 p.m. We need writers for the following sections. As a writer, you would write a minimum of one article per week for the site. You would also work with your editor to help you come up with pitches, angles and help with sources. Being a writer is about being able to collaborate and communicate. You would also be staff and would be required

• Campus Cutie- Let’s admit it: Everyone at Temple is pretty good looking. Whether its your best friend or Gen-Ed crush, everyone deserves to know how cute they are! Brighten someone’s day or use it as a pass to score a date, this section is a mandatory weekly article that all Her Campus chapters have! Ask one of our photographers and the Cutie to meet somewhere, ask them a few questions about their hobbies, love life or favorite things, snag a pic and let them know they’re going to be Internet famous.  It will be your job to showcase the Temple community’s unnoticed beauty! 
  • Campus Celebrity- People on campus do awesome things every day. Sometimes, it doesn’t get the shine it deserves. As the Campus Celebrity section writer, it will be up to you to find Temple’s Campus Celebrities. As a mandatory weekly requirement for every Her Campus chapter, this section important to the site. It is also important in our role as a campus organization. We represent the voice of Temple’s students. This is our chance to give back to the community that keeps us running.
  • Campus Life & News- This position is for those of you always posting about your Temple pride, constantly Instagramming your Richie’s cups, the person always front row at all of the Temple games and other Temple fanatics. If you want the opportunity to share your love for the Temple football program or let everyone know exactly what that protest was at the Bell Tower, this section is for you. Temple is Philly’s university, so “campus” extends to our beautiful city. Cover when the Pope comes to town or even a recent government electiona
  • Arts & Entertainment- If your passion is reviewing concerts, TV shows or restaurants, you may be the perfect arts and entertainment writer! This position gives the chance to ask for a press pass to see your favorite performer when they come to Philadelphia and provides the perfect excuse for you to try that new restaurant everyone has been talking about.
  • Fashion & Beauty- You consider yourself a campus fashionista. You love reading the fashion magazines. You know everything about the new Naked palette. You’re a natural born fashion and beauty guru! Share your trend forecasts and your beauty smarts with the Temple community and start your style career with us! 

Photographers- Show off your awesome photo skills! We need photographers to photograph Campus Cuties, Campus Celebrities and shoot pictures for various articles. In order to set ourselves apart from other chapters, its absolutely necessary for us to have as much original photography as possible. You work in a freelance manner and pick up photography opportunities from writers and editors. The photography team will also be responsible for making sure that we have a Snapshot each week, a mandatory requirement for all Her Campus chapters!

Other positions: 

All of the following positions must be able to attend weekly executive board meetings on Wednesdays from 6-7 p.m.

• Greek Liason Chair- You will be our connection to the Greek organizations on campus. You should be comfortable when talking to large groups of people, personable and be a good networker. You will help us recruit college men for our Mr. Temple pageant, help us seek out writers in sororities and be first call to advertise any Greek events! 
  • Community Service Chair-There are so many ways we can give back to Philadelphia and those less fortunate than us. Your job will be to incorporate community service opportunities into the Her Campus Temple team and organize ways for us to give back! 
  • Temple Student Government Chair- You must be able to attend weekly TSG meetings in the SAC at 4 p.m. every Monday. You will be our voice to the student government and other campus organizations. You will announce the events we have coming up and relay any messages from the student government. This is an important position. 

Interested in any of these staff positions?  Fill out this form

Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.