Campus Cutie: Samara Gossel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Aside from being the Campus and Life editor for Her Campus, Samara Grossel is busy writing for a British Magazine called “The Tab,” attending meetings for the Feminism Majority Leadership Alliance and being actively involved in her sorority Delta Phi Epsilon.

A junior in the honors program, Grossel is majoring in Journalism with interest in learning more about Sociology.

Her dreams are fabulous, as well as her determination. After she graduates she hopes to become an editor for a magazine. “I love everything about the magazine world,” states Grossel. If not a magazine, Grossel would love to write for the features section in a newspaper.

She fell even more in love with magazines after interning for Philadelphia Style Magazine over the summer. As an editorial intern, she was able to broaden her horizons and find her new passion for the publishing design process of magazines.

Grossel grew up in Winnewood, Pennsylvania where she attended Lower Merion High School before coming to Temple University.

One of her favorite things about Temple is being a part of Her Campus. “I love the fun environment and being around a group of passionate girls,” said Grossel. She also really values the importance of Her Campus being a national organization and its impact on the magazine world.

An interesting fact about Grossel is that she is a vegetarian. She loves sweet potato sushi and the place where you can find her the most in the city is the Reading Terminal Market. 

Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.