Campus Celeb: Kaitlin Manion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Senior journalism major and political science minor Kaitlin Manion serves as the President/Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple, but that only scratches the surface when it comes to what she does each day.

In addition to being in charge of an online magazine, Kaitlin is also a founding sister of Alpha Xi Delta Fraternity, in which she holds the position of Public Relations Vice President. Additionally, she is the first ever Editor-in-Chief of the Odyssey at Temple, an online media platform gaining hundreds of thousands of views each day.

Despite having a multitude of responsibilities on campus, Kaitlin also has an on campus job and serves as a chapter advisor for Her Campus nationals. While some people may find this many positions difficult to manage, Kaitlin finds her balance with ease…and Richie’s coffee.

“Wherever I am, whether it be with my Her Campus girls, my sorority sisters or my staff at The Odyssey, there is always someone there to help me,” Kaitlin said. “It took me a long time to figure out asking for help isn’t a bad thing. It gives other people the opportunity to step up to the plate and empowers them while taking the stress off of me.”

Before becoming the President of Her Campus, Kaitlin held positions as an Arts & Entertainment Staff Writer, Secretary, and Vice President. According to Kaitlin, being a part of Her Campus has taught her what it means to be an editor and team player. When HCTU first began in 2012, Kaitlin was inspired by the current president, Jaimee Swift, for building the magazine from the ground up.

“Other than that, it has taught me the power of women on campus,” Kaitlin said. “I met two of my best friends, two of future bridesmaids and two women who inspire me every single day, Lindsey Murray and Logan Beck. I do not believe I would be the person I am without their love and support both inside and outside of Her Campus. I think a lot of the time in journalism, women are so focused on competing with one another for internships, clips, articles, page views, etc. that we forget it is a privilege we are even allowed to be working in this field.”

Kaitlin is inspired by some of the HCTU presidents that came before her, Jaimee Swift and Lindsey Murray.

“They inspire me to push myself and are always there when I need help with anything,” Kaitlin said. “All of my friends are my heroes, I am nothing without them, as cheesy as that sounds. I hope it does sound cheesy because I am completely in love with all of my friends for different reasons.”

Outside of HCTU, Kaitlin enjoys watching Netflix, tending to her shopping addiction, napping, and exploring Philadelphia. Her favorite campus eatery is Richie’s, and her go-to order is a bacon, egg, and cheese on a bagel.

As for the future, Kaitlin has big plans of attending law school for intellectual property, or opening up her own boutique someday.

“I think I’m going the Elle Woods route,” Kaitlin said.

Logan is a junior journalism major, and serves as Campus Correspondent.  She is also the proud president of Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Nu, her sorority. Logan is typically super busy, but still dedicates hours to reading a Cosmo from front to back...twice. Logan loves all things social media, especially following puppy accounts on Instagram. Her dream is to break into the magazine industry and help empower other women to pursue their dreams, whatever that may be.