Best and Worst Grammy Fashions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

I’m not going to lie, the Grammys have been losing me. It used to be the night where talented, deserving stars would earn the highest honor and recognition for their craft. Now it seems to be anybody’s game. But there was always one part of the Grammys that I knew would never disappoint me: the fashion. This is the night known for being a free pass for well-calculated outrageous fashion risks. It’s definitely no Academy Awards. This year, I was bitterly disappointed. A few risks paid off and others just crashed and burned or failed to impress. (I mean, can Lady Gaga even outdo herself anymore without appearing too desperate?) I was so disappointed, I had to take away one from the “Best” list and add it to the “Worst” list.

All the others were somewhere in between but highly unimpressive.

The Worst:

Lady Gaga: D

Ok, we get it Gaga, you’re not to be outdone. But honestly, an egg? Yes, that’s her in there. And
that guy looks none too happy. 

Justin Bieber: D-
Looks like Bieber’s cream Gucci suit was loaned to him by his daddy Usher because it appears to be eating him alive. Some of us wish it would. Did I say that out loud?

Usher: F
O.M.G. I know Bieber borrowed your suit, but you’re Usher, damn it! You seriously could have found another one.

Nicki Minaj: C-
Nikki’s way too pretty to be hiding herself in this Givenchy ensemble and dreadful sky-high wig. Anyway, hasn’t Gaga worn that
 at some point? 

DJ David Guetta: F
It just makes us sad.

Willow Smith: C-
This girl is just too cute! That outfit…you’re pushing it, young one. You’re really walking that line.

The Best

Jennifer Lopez: A
This shiny Pucci mini-dress looks fabulous on J.Lo. It shows off her incredible legs and the sparkly Louboutins make those gams look on point! 

Jennifer Hudson: A
You go mama! Jennifer is looking better than ever. This Versace number has got the flowy, flirty bottom and the tight, sexy bodice to show off her new svelte figure. She’s transformed herself into a
true dream girl.

Ciara: B+
Call me crazy, but I love this Pucci creation! Superhero on top
and goddess at the  bottom. Ciara’s risk  not only paid off but gives her an excuse to once again  show off that body. Work. 

Kelly Osbourne: B
Looking at how far Kelly’s come from her angst-y, sloppy days makes us feel like a proud mama. She looks adorable in this Tadashi Shoji ruffled frock. Keep it up, girl!

For more Grammy fashion, click on the link! 

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/features/article_1619569.php/53rd-Annual-GRAMMY-Awards-Pictures

Jaimee Swift is a Senior majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strives to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!