6 Underrated Places to Eat on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

With being in the center of Philadelphia, Temple’s campus is surrounded by a variety of food and restaurants. There is always something new to try or new places to go. Since there are so many choices, many students may not know about certain places that are extremely tasty and on the rise. Temple’s campus surely does touch upon every culture in its food venues. Here are six places that should be on your radar! Better yet, they all accept Diamond Dollars!

Lee’s Hoagie House

Since this deli restaurant is newer to Temple’s campus it may be easily looked past because of the famous City View Pizza right next door. Lee’s Hoagie House is a supreme sandwich shop that will keep you coming back.

Qdoba

With the arrival of Chipotle on Temple’s campus, many continue to remain ignorant to its leading competitor. No up charge for guacamole and all the queso you want! If you love guacamole, Qdoba should be on your radar.

Pita Chip

Located on Broad with Tropical Café right next door it can be easy to look right past this Mediterranean cuisine restaurant. Tired of the same food everyday? Falafels and other Mediterranean delights will spice up your weekly diet.

China House

China house is an underrated Chinese cuisine restaurant on Cecil B. Moore. A lot of students travel down the street for Maple Star and may not even realize that they walk right past another great Chinese restaurant. Like most Chinese restaurants, it is open really late and has great prices. You get a lot of food for your buck and it’s delicious! Since there are a lot of Chinese food places on Temple’s campus, take the time to try this one out!

Crown Fried Chicken

Crown Fried Chicken is known for their amazing deals, great flavor and fast service. With crispy chicken served hot, customers are always coming back for more. Although it is on the other side of campus than the other restaurants listed above, it is definitely worth the travel to try the Southern-style, savory chicken.

Tyler Food Trucks

With the mass amount of food trucks on campus it is safe to say that us Temple students have easy access to all different cultural foods right outside their door. Many may stay in their comfort zone and eat where they’ve been to before but if your comfort zone isn’t by Tyler School of Art, then you are missing out! Even though these trucks are hidden away on our campus, The Creperie, Burger Tank and Foot Long truck are amazing food places that many may not know about. It is well known that you get amazing food for an amazing price with food trucks, and these just add to the list.

Breanna Perez is a sophomore at Temple University. Majoring at Journalism and being a member of Alpha Xi Delta, Breanna also enjoys hanging out with her friends, traveling and being active.   
Logan is a junior journalism major, and serves as Campus Correspondent.  She is also the proud president of Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Nu, her sorority. Logan is typically super busy, but still dedicates hours to reading a Cosmo from front to back...twice. Logan loves all things social media, especially following puppy accounts on Instagram. Her dream is to break into the magazine industry and help empower other women to pursue their dreams, whatever that may be.