5 Fitness YouTubers That Will Keep You in Shape During The Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Right after Thanksgiving, I saw a recurring theme of Snapchat and Instagram stories – so many people were back at the gym and working out again.

Between juggling intense school work as the semester comes to a close, or having to walk all the way across campus in the freezing cold just to get to a gym, it’s not always easy to find the time or motivation as college students to exercise around this time of the year. If you feel as though you’re in this position, do not fret. Thanks to YouTube, there are a wide variety of fitness channels that offer killer workouts you can do straight from your dorm room, apartment or home. Here are a few I recommend:

1. Cassey Ho, ‘Blogilates’ 

She has over 1 million followers on multiple social media platforms, and when you do her workouts, you’ll understand why. Cassey Ho’s workouts, otherwise known as POP Pilates, incorporates pilates mixed with fun choreography and music that add a twist to ordinary pilates. Her workouts are entertaining yet challenging at the same time. She has multiple workout series, one being an apartment-friendly series that, in her words, involves “no jumping and no grumpy downstairs neighbors.” She even has a workout to do while watching TV! It can’t get any better than that. Her personality is contagious, and you’ll finish her workouts feeling satisfied and empowered at the same time. Check out her YouTube channel, pick a workout that sticks out to you, and get started.

2. Katie Austin, ‘Get Fit With Katie’ 

Katie Austin’s content is perfect for college students because she was in the same position as many of us not too long ago. Her YouTube channel includes HIIT workouts, dance cardio, a bit of yoga, recipes, lifestyle, and more. If you ever want to take her workouts to the next level, her website has workout programs at affordable prices. What I love about her is that she’s not only a great instructor but she makes sure to educate her viewers at the same time. Check out this video of hers to get tips on how to stay fit in college!

3. Caleb Marshall, ‘The Fitness Marshall’ 

For those who know me, they know that one of my favorite ways to workout is through dance cardio. I discovered this channel the summer before my freshman year of college, and it is a discovery I will always be proud of myself for finding. Caleb Marshall from ‘The Fitness Marshall’ is someone you instantly want to become friends with. His channel features over a hundred dance cardio videos that use popular songs you instantly want to get up and dance to. His steps are easy, and his videos always emit positive energy. Not much of a dancer? Don’t worry! As long as you are having fun and moving, that’s all that matters! Here’s one of my favorites.

4. Katrina Hodgson and Karena Dawn, ‘Tone It Up’ Girls 

If Karena and Katrina aren’t the epitome of #friendgoals, I don’t know who else is. On the ‘Tone It Up’ channel, you’ll find a mix of different workouts that will sculpt, tighten, and most of all, tone your body. They have a wide variety of workouts to choose from whether you want to slow things down with yoga or pick things up with cardio. What I love about their videos is that they are not too long or too short, making it so much easier to squeeze an effective workout into your schedule.

5. Adriene Mishler, Yoga With Adriene 

Yoga is the perfect workout that combines strengthening and toning your body while relaxing your mind and soul at the same time. For those of you who enjoy yoga, this channel is the perfect one for you. Mishler’s channel has a yoga video for every possible thing you can think of. Some of her videos include yoga and meditation for digestion, anxiety, concentration, self love, and so much more. Her videos are instantly calming and will make you feel as though you are in a studio with her. If you can’t make it to your yoga class, just pull up one of Adriene’s videos and it’ll feel as though you’ve missed out on nothing at all.

It’s not easy to stay in shape during the holidays, but with a variety of workouts to choose from right at your fingertips, you won’t have to make any excuses.

I am currently a junior majoring in Journalism at Temple University. Writing is my passion and my favorite form of expression. Aside from writing, I love all things fitness, fashion, beauty, and have an admiration for the city of Philadelphia. Instagram: @camilleejohnson