tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

20 Signs You Found Your Lifelong BFF in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Growing up, you’ve been in and out of friend groups and you’ve had multiple best friends that come and go. What’s the difference now? In college you found that one person who knows everything about your past, knows how you tick and still accepts you for every flaw you have. It started out with small talk followed by social media stalking then you two became “two peas in a pod.” Although you two don’t know how, when or where it happened- all that matters is that it did.

1. She’s always there for you.

She is always there for you regardless of the time, whether it is 2 a.m. or 2 p.m., she is just a phone call away!

2. You guys eat/crave the same food.

It’s never a difficult decision on where to go for dinner.

3. She shares her food with you!

She shares her snacks with you even though she never shares with anyone – not because you want it but because she wants you to gain weight with her.

4. You guys do everything together.

“Butt-buddies” is an understatement. You guys are always together and love every second of it. When you two aren’t together, you anxiously wait for the one to come back.

5. You guys want to be as close as possible.

As if being roommates and best friends wasn’t enough, you guys decided to become sorority sisters to have that extra tie.

6. You guys can walk into each other’s rooms unannounced.

She just walks into your room because she knows you won’t care. Knocking just seems completely unnecessary to your best friend.

7. Winter and summer breaks are torture.

If she lives far away those three and a half months go by forever, especially because you went from spending every second together to waiting for those months to drag on.

8. JINX!

You guys say the same thing at the same time because you always have the same thought process about everything.

9. You both have boyfriends…

… But in reality the boyfriends feel like they’re the ones third wheeling when they hang out with you two.

10. You tell her everything.

Because you know she would never judge you and you know that you cant keep anything from her even if you tried.

11. You swap clothes.

Don’t know what to wear? You can rummage through her closet – she knows the struggle of not having anything to wear because she does the same thing. You guys practically share closets!

12. Your family loves her.

You bring her home once and your family falls in love with her. She is immediately treated like apart of the family.

13. You constantly compare your friendship to TV show best friends.

It’s only necessary. Christina Yang and Meredith Grey, Serena and Blair and Peyton Sawyer and Brooke Davis don’t have anything on you guys.

14. She’s straight with you.

She’ll tell you if your outfit isn’t on point, she’ll tell you the truth and most importantly she’ll tell you when you’re being annoying.

15. She jumps in your bed to wake you.

Only because she is too impatient to wait for you to wakeup and hangout with her.

16. She’s your top best friend on Snapchat.

She’s your top best friend on snap chat because when you guys aren’t with each other, you have to stay in contact somehow. You guys even snap chat when you’re together to keep that snap-streak going – the more emojis next to her name the better!

17. She listens to your rants even when it’s redundant.

She’s nothing but ears when you’re angry! Even though your rant may seem never-ending, she’s there to sit and listen when you need it the most.

18. You laugh at your arguments.

You guys rarely fight but when you do you just laugh about it the next day.

19. She’s seen you at your worst.

She’s witnessed your lowest moments and was there for you during the whole thing. There is no such thing as an awkward situation with you two because she’s seen it all! Overall, she knows you like the back of her hand and that’s a good thing.

20. You two have come to the conclusion that there’s really no way to explain your friendship.

You guys are soul mates and you don’t know how or when it happened.

Breanna Perez is a sophomore at Temple University. Majoring at Journalism and being a member of Alpha Xi Delta, Breanna also enjoys hanging out with her friends, traveling and being active.   
Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.