Top Korean Skincare Products to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Many of us have seen or heard about how Korean skincare has ten steps in the morning and night. While their skin is something I strive for, I can barely get myself to wash my face, yet alone do ten steps of skincare. However, I bought some of the most talked about skincare in Korea. Here are some that are worth the hype:

Elizavecca Milky Piggy Collagen Mask:

You might have seen this packaging from the famous carbonated bubble clay mask. I was shocked when I saw so few reviews for this online, because it turned out to be the #1 seller on Korean skincare websites. Some use this as an overnight mask while others use this as their daily moisturizer. I noticed my forehead wrinkles have diminished greatly after using this as a moisturizer. But, be careful, because Amazon does sell fakes!

Image Source

COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence:Essence is one of the key steps in Korean skincare that’s applied in the morning and evening. Snail mucus is a key ingredient found in their skincare because of its extreme moisture. I found that the product had little scent, wasn’t very sticky, and even faded away a few acne scars I had.

Image Source

Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask:This product was a miracle. No matter what cleanser, facial, or pore strip I get, I will always have blackheads forming. During last semester, I would never put on foundation because I would be so self-conscious over how the foundation would seep into my pores or just emphasize the blackheads. I apply this mask just on my t-zone three times a week and rinse it off in the shower. My pores are a lot smaller, and my nose has never felt smoother.

Image Source

Tony Moly skin masks:

They target different things: so you can pick and choose what your skin needs. My trick is to put this on before I go to sleep, leave it on for twenty minutes, and wake up to glowing skin. My favorites are the masks that target radiance and brightening – since my skin gets duller as the semester goes on as I get less sleep.

Image Source

A Junior Biology major with side passions of coffee, fashion, makeup, and Netflix. 
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.