Emmanuel Matlock, ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Collegiettes, the time has come for the last cutie of the semester!  If you’re already anticipating cutie withdrawal over the summer, remember you can always take a look back at our collection of cuties from the past.  This week’s cutie is a Trenton native and TCNJ basketball player.  He is a well-rounded, hard worker that dreams of one day becoming a college basketball coach.  Take a look at the last cutie to wrap up the semester! 

Name: Emmanuel Matlock

Nickname: Manny

Age/Year: 21, a transfer senior

Hometown: Trenton, NJ

Major: Health and Exercise Science

Hobbies: I like to hang with friends, play basketball, video games, watch my TV shows or movies, just hang out and share laughs.

Favorite movies: V for Vendetta, Fresh, End of Watch, and How to Train Your Dragon

Campus organizations: I play for the TCNJ Basketball Team. I’m also a Bonner Scholar and a brother of Omega Psi Phi fraternity, Inc.

Dream job: Coaching basketball for a D1 or D2 college program

Post-graduate plans: To become the assistant athletic director of my high school.

Relationship status: Single

Celebrity crush: HALLE BERRY! Also Mila Kunis, Eva Mendez, Rosalyn Sanchez, and Zoe Saldana.  

Ideal first date: Just hanging out, maybe walk around and grab something to eat. Or ice cream and a movie.

Biggest turn-ons: A girl’s smile. Sometimes their laugh, if it’s not out of control.

Biggest turn-offs: Burping!  I hate when people burp out loud like an old hairy man; it just throws me off.

Weird habits: I lick my lips a lot and I don’t even notice it half of the time.

Hidden talents: I can sing, but I’ll wait to show people when I sing for my future wife on our wedding day.

Number one thing on your bucket list: Sky Diving. If I don’t go skydiving, what has this all been about?

Favorite part about TCNJ: The people; just getting to know new people from all over New Jersey is cool.

Most embarrassing moment at TCNJ: Being whistled down by Big Larry in Eick for coming in the closed door. 

If you were stranded on a desert and could only have 3 things, what would they be?  Food, water, and a beautiful woman on the inside and out.

Favorite place to travel: Anywhere is good to me, just as long as I get to relax!

Pet peeve: When people think that I’m something I’m not. I’d rather people get to know the real me, and then make your own assumptions.

Guilty pleasure: Cookies and cream ice cream.

One thing you can’t live without: MY SNEAKERS!!

Best advice you’ve ever gotten: Faith without work is dead. You can’t just believe it’s going to happen, you have to work for it.

Fun fact:  Mr. Eickhoff is my homeboy!