8 Things That Could Be Behind the Campus Town Construction Wall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

It comes as no surprise that the oh-so-highly-anticipated Campus Town is behind schedule. As a junior now I can only hope that on my day of graduation I catch a glimpse of a Barnes & Noble or pub that is somewhat erect. It’s just a dream, though. But who am I kidding? I’ll just be happy if the Lib Cafe is finished by my graduation (no really guys, take your time).

I think the only indication that the Campus Town isn’t a complete myth is that ominous black tarp greeting you upon entrance of the college. But is there really a Campus Town being constructed behind that wall of possibility or is the wall nothing more than a ploy to pacify the campus? We’ll continue to get led on with false promises until there comes a day when we’ll look back at the Campus Town as just a figment of our imaginations.

These are some of my ideas for what is actually going on behind that fence:

1. A coffee brewery for faculty only.

2. A meeting ground for campus police to chat, mingle and share with each other how many parking tickets they issued that day.

3. A secret dog park exclusively for the permanent residents of Ewing.

4. A grazing area for Roscoe.

5. A factory that produces TCNJ mini vans which can only be driven on pedestrian paths and walkways throughout campus.

6. A junkyard for broken ellipticals and treadmills (only kidding, the gym keeps those).

7. A wasteland of lost student IDs.

8. Absolutely nothing.

I am a Sophomore Journalism major at The College of New Jersey.