ADPi’s Amazing Race

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

This weekend I had the pleasure of being a team leader for Alpha Delta Pi’s philanthropy event, ADPi’s Great Amazing Race. This event consisted of 40 teams of 4 with two leaders per team. The top 3 teams won cash prizes with 1st place receiving $750, 2nd $500, and 3rd $250. The funds raised from the event were donated to Ronald McDonald House Charities, Alpha Delta Pi’s international philanthropy. 

While I am all for giving back and I love RMHC more than most people like sliced bread, I am soooooooooo not a runner- BUT, did I run three miles that day because my team is in the corps (shoutout to squadron 17) and they wanted to do everything they could to win? Yes. Yes I did. And I have the shin splints to prove it.

I have mad respect for runners now and for everyone that competed in the philanthropy event, because man running that much is hard! And honestly, I dont know why, but I cant wait to do it again next year. Maybe it was the joy of finally being done, or the happiness I felt watching my team do the ridiculously hilarious competitions, or the constant thought going through my mind telling me that I was doing it for the kids not for myself, or maybe it was really just the fact that my team managed to get 3rd overall and I like to win

All in all, the event was a huge success for those involved and the charities it goes towards. It was just a bonus to get to spend the entire day with some handsome corps boys! ;)

Nicole Ploetz is a Junior Communication and Political Science double major at Texas A&M University and is a writer for TAMU HerCampus! She has a passion for writing, reading, dancing, painting, traveling the world, and playing golf. She loves all things outdoors, is a shopaholic, and loves her sorority. She also loves giving back to the community and hopes to one day pursue her dreams as an Entertainment Lawyer, aka be the next Elle Woods. Nicole aspires to live in Los Angeles-California, New York-New York, or Nashville-Tennessee with her best friends and rule the city. She is obsessed with sushi and her future husband is Dylan O'Brien (he just doesn't know it yet). 
Howdy! My name is Andrew Harris and I'm a senior Psychology major from Houston, Texas. However most importantly, I'm the loudest and proudest member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie class of 2017! A-Whoop! I am a Campus Correspondent for TAMU's chapter of Her Campus. I'm passionate about empowering the intelligent women of Texas A&M and making their voices heard!