A Very Vegan Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Being vegan during a holiday that revolves around turkey might be a bit of a challenge, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible! Here are some mouth-watering recipes to substitute your standard Thanksgiving dinner courses.

Want mashed potatoes, but can’t have all that butter and cream? No worries! This “Olive Oil and Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes” will not only satisfy your craving, but is also a lot healthier for you. Check out the recipe here.

If you can’t get enough of potatoes and want a sweeter version, why not try this “Semi-Sweet Potato Mash with Spiced Caramelized Onions?” Who doesn’t like vegetable candy? Check out the recipe here.

If you thought you would have to give up your beloved pumpkin pie, think again! This recipe claims to be the “Best Vegan Pumpkin Pie,” and it is super simple to make. You can find the full recipe here.

Not a fan of pumpkin or need something quicker? These delicious “Poached Pears with Prunes” take only 25 minutes to prepare and will boost your taste buds with some delicious Moroccan spices. Find the recipe here.

I'm Ana Lua. I'm currently a Marketing Management major at Whitman looking into transfering to Acting in VPA. I'm originally from Boston, but I've been moving around the world throughout my entire life to places like Brazil, China and Portugal. I love to travel and all things artsy and cute! I also like to write music and have a youtube beauty channel.