Positive Attitude Despite Negative Degrees

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

As I am sure most of you are aware, Syracuse is a wonderful place to spend your college years. However, it is also known for having extremely harsh winter months. Walking to class when your weather app reads “-11 degrees” can really put a damper on your day and leave you feeling down in the dumps. BUT, remember, attitude is everything, and a little cold air can’t bring down a collegiette who always finds the silver lining! Here are some positive ways to view this freezing cold weather…

Snow makes great scenery for posting cute Instagram pictures with your friends.

You now have a more than valid excuse to stay in, drink hot chocolate, and binge-watch a new series on Netflix.

Body heat is a great way to stay warm so, the colder weather, the hotter the snuggling (;

Your bulky winter coats and sweaters are much more forgiving of winter weight gain than any of your summer tank tops!

Conversely, your body is working harder to stay at its normal temperature, therefore burning more calories during the day, which means you can totally reward yourself with extra whipped cream on top of previously mentioned hot chocolate!

There’s always the slightest hope that maybe, just maybe, classes will be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions. We are in Syracuse though, so don’t get your hopes up TOO much for the University to declare an official “snow day.”

So you see, winter isn’t all that bad if you consciously think happy thoughts! Bundle up, cuddle up, and enjoy the snow! (:

SU cheerleader obsessed with coffee, fashion, and fitness!