burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Our Latest Obsession: The Tommy Hilfiger and Gigi Hadid Collab

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

As I was enviously and religiously checking social media a couple weeks ago to see anything and everything from Fashion Week, I saw the most amazing posts. One thing caught my eye the most. Tommy Hilfiger’s fashion show in California. It was so unexpected, beautiful, eye catching. I used to love rocking the Tommy Hilfiger platform sandals or denim shorts. Seeing a new line of product that I LOVED was something I didn’t know I needed, and here’s why:

1. They’re clothes I’d actually wear

I ‘ooh and ah’ over most designer’s pieces during Fashion Week, but they’re rarely things I would wear. They are art pieces for the sole purpose of taking this season’s styles to the extreme as a sort of foreshadowing of what street styles will look like. Not this line. This is a ready to wear line that is perfect for so many day to day occasions. These are just a few of my favorite pieces! I love the throwback feel while still staying with current trends.

2. They’re afforable!

While some of the stuff from this line is way out of my price range (what Fashion Week line isn’t), there are definitely some things I have waiting in my shopping cart! This bralette is definitely a splurge item. I can already picture the white tank that I would have it peak out of. This top is one of my favorite items from this collaboration and while it’s a little more expensive, it’s definitely a save item (maybe when I’m stressed out during finals week)!

3. The actual show was unique, youthful and fun 

Tommy broke out of the usual NYFW show and did his beforehand, in LA, in Tommyland. The carnival rides and games were beautifully juxtaposed with the beauty of his clothes. It felt like a scene straight out of a movie. The colors and styles of the show fit perfectly with the feel of a summer carnival. The outdoor event was clever in every aspect of the word. As Hadid is someone who grew up near the beach, the location made complete sense. The idea for the show was that anything made was something you could make with family. “Maybe it’s boyfriend jeans, or an oversize shirt you borrowed from your uncle and chopped into  a crop top. The idea was that it could have been made with family and friends” Hadid was quoted saying after the show. Everything about this show is one of a kind.

Overall, this was something spectacular and brought back tons of 90s feels so get online and fill that shopping cart while this amazing collaboration lasts!

-XOXO HC 

Lauren Dana

Syracuse '18

Lauren Dana is a juinor Magazine Journalism major at Syracuse University and the Editor-in-Chief of HC 'Cuse! She is a TV-addict, pop culture fanatic and manicure enthusiast who enjoys spending time with family, friends, shopping, writing, and buying wayyyy too much makeup