This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

With the summer sun being as sweltering as it has been lately, it’s hard to believe that fall is just around the corner. Take comfort in the fact that we are only a few short weeks away from colorful trees, pumpkin-flavored everything, and (most importantly) sweater weather. However, with a new season comes a new style, and that’s why I’m here to help guide you through fall 2015’s biggest trend: all ’70’s everything.

Neutrals on neutrals on neutrals. The color scheme for this coming season is going to be a lot of warm neutrals with the occasional cool blue or green accent.

Body suits have certainly been around for the last few seasons and this fall it’s no different. Keep it simple and flattering by avoiding patterns. If you’re feeling risky, go for one with a plunging neckline to add some interest.

Perhaps my favorite aspect of this fall’s ’70’s theme is the fact that it means any and all flowy clothing pieces will be in style. That’s right, ladies; trendy without sacrificing comfort. What could be better than that?!

Another new sillhouette this season will be the midi skirt. Whether full and flowy or fitted and flattering, look for skirts that hit about mid-calf. If you’re feeling really fashion forward, pair it with tall boots. Sounds strange, but looks adorable!

Last but not least, we have the slinky sillhouette. This means that the clothing will graze your figure without hugging it completely (so basically the opposite of any Kardashian outfit ever). It’s flattering and sexy because it shows off your curves while leaving something to the imagination. 

There you have it: fall 2015’s style forecast. Incorporate a few of these tips and tricks into your fall wardrobe to make it your most stylish season yet! 

Images provided by Vogue.com

I am a Junior studying Fashion Design at Syracuse University in Syracuse, New York. I was born and raised in California and grew up riding horses. I have an intense passion for Free People clothing and all things cat-related. My goal is to someday work as a fashion magazine editor. I also believe that chocolate is always the answer and T. Swift is queen. WARNING: All articles written by me will contain sarcasm. Thanks for reading!