Changing Your Winter Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Winter fashion is hard to figure out since there aren’t many outfits that actually look good in this awful snow. The typical outfit that can be seen on Syracuse females consist of UGGS, jeans/leggings, a baggy shirt, and a Northface jacket.

To switch it up I would suggest wearing a black or other neutral colored jacket for the top. As for the bottom, leggings tucked into UGGS (pull them down to see the furry side) could help you pull a new look. And for the top you could wear a baggy shirt. There are so many ways that these looks can be updated with simple accessories such as jewelry, shoes or a headpiece. .

Accessories:Boxy purses with a long strap for on the shoulder or wrist, studded black bracelets, chunky necklaces, colored scarves, leg warmers

Shoes:Heels with different kinds of decoration on the heels, fur combat boots, over the knee boots

Pants:Different colors of leopard jeggings, lace shorts with tights

Shirts:Lace (baggy or tights), neon colored, words/picture on front

Dresses:Short tight dresses, loose with a belt

Sweaters:Chunky and over sized some have a longer back then front

Winter fashion may be whatever you want it to be. By just adding some fun accessories or embellishments to your everyday clothing you will be able to construct new outfits! Be creative and bold with your style this winter! 

Stephanie is a senior at Syracuse University studying magazine journalism and psychology. She has been writing for Hercampus.com/Syracuse since her freshman year and has had two different beats: opinionated articles and study abroad tales. Stephanie is also involved with her sorority Gamma Phi Beta and writes for various mediums including The Daily Orange, 'Cuse Clothing Line and Medley Magazine.