Celebrate Yourself this Summer!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Finals are wrapping up and soon we’ll all be heading our separate ways, leaving good ol’ Cuseland behind. This has left the majority of orange students wondering, “Are the good times behind me? Is this the END?” 

Fear not! Summer is a time to recooperate, refresh, and reflect. Summer is fun, flowers, and freedom. Summer is whatever you make of it. 

Before you fall into the finals week slump, remember that the best times are ahead of you and to celebrate yourself! Whether that means biking down the boardwalk to escape your parents’ perpetual prying or splurging on a tote full of fruits from the fresh produce market, find ways to celebrate you.

Need some inspiration?

• Relax on the beach with a good book, like Rich Bitch by Nicole Lapin.
  • Treat yourself to the oh so tasty dishes at Chipotle with a Life is Burritoful card. 
  • Indulge in your artisitic side and rock some flash tattoos.
  • Get caught in the rain with a colorful pink or yellow emergency poncho.
  • Drive around town with the top down and an HCXO keychain hanging by your ignition.
  • Make a list of life goals and your best qualities to celebrate yourself!

All of these items and more can be your’s by tweeting #HCSummerSurvivalKits and #CelebrateYourself @HCSyracuse. Let us know how you plan on celebrating yourself this summer!

Hi there! My name is Gabrielle, and I'm the Editor/ Campus Correspondent for the Syracuse chapter of Her Campus! I am a sophomore Television, Radio, and Film major in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. I like traveling, cinematic classics, show tunes, long walks on the beach, chocolate, chocolate on the beach, and anything pink. Go 'Cuse! HCXO