Campus Cutie Samantha Fioravanti

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

She’s the perfect balance of quirky and cool. Find her at the theatre or chilling in Newhouse, she’s Campus Cutie Sam Fioravanti!

Major: Television, Radio, and Film

Year: Sophomore; 2018

What are you involved in on campus? I am involved in FYP, First Year Players, and am one of the two assistant stage managers for this spring’s production of Heathers: The Musical. I am also on the executive board of Wishmakers, which is an organization where we do fundraisers around campus and the donations we raise go to the Make-a-Wish Foundation of Central New York.

You played Connie in The Addams Family last year. How has FYP impacted your college experience? My time in FYP has definitely affected my college experience. It wasn’t until I joined FYP that I really found my solid group of friends on campus and my current roommate, who is the best. I know that – because it is such a big organization with so many fun-loving people – I will always see a familiar face while walking on campus, and that makes me very happy.

What is your favorite memory from your time at Syracuse thus far? It has got to be meeting Bilbo the Corgi. That is the highlight of my college career. Probably the best moment of my entire life. I am an avid animal lover.

Cats, Dogs, or Goats? A hybrid of all three with the head of a dog, body of a goat, and the agility of a feline.

Favorite Midnight Snack: Oh, jeez, I have so many. If we’re talking something salty, then Smartfood popcorn. But if we’re going with something sweet, then a Milky Way candy bar.

Best Spot on Campus to Relax: In one of the Newhouse booths. FYBooth in particular.

If you could have a picnic with any figure in time, who would it be? Walt Disney, for sure! I would just be fascinated with what ideas he would have had for future movies and I’d be extremely interested to hear his opinion of Frozen. I like it, but I think it was… overdone. It was built up too much. It was good when it came out, but they took it way too far.

What is your favorite musical? My favorite musical of all time is Cabaret.

Hidden Talent: I can touch my tongue to my nose. (Which she proceeded to show me.) I am also a fantastc hula-hooper. It’s one of my favorite pastimes. 

If you could have anyone’s closet, whose would it be? Gabrielle Hughes, 100%. She is always so stylish, and she looks fantastic in everything.

What are your goals for the future? To be successful in whatever it is that I do. And to keep strong relationships with my friends and family, and be happy!

Hi there! My name is Gabrielle, and I'm the Editor/ Campus Correspondent for the Syracuse chapter of Her Campus! I am a sophomore Television, Radio, and Film major in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. I like traveling, cinematic classics, show tunes, long walks on the beach, chocolate, chocolate on the beach, and anything pink. Go 'Cuse! HCXO