Campus Cutie: Max Murphy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Prepare to fall in love. Campus Cutie Max Murphy is on the scene, stealing the show…and your heart.

Dual Major: English Education and English Textual Studies

Year: Freshman

You play Pugsley Addams in the First Year Players’ production of The Addams Family. How did you react when you found out you got the part?

I was super stoked because I wanted to be a part of this org since I first walked on this campus. Also, Pugsley is such a fun part, and I was super excited to be able to portray him, so I was like – wow. 

How different was mini Max from Pugsley?

I was the torturer, not the torturee. My brother and I would fight, so I would torture him mentally. I was pretty maniacal as a kid, but I also put on an act a lot. I would pretend to be sweet, but Pugsley would openly rip your throat out.

When did you first get involved in the performing arts?

In the sixth grade, they were doing A Christmas Carol, and I thought, “Why not?” I ended up playing Peter Cratchit. 

What are some of your favorite roles to date?

Willard in Footloose, Jack in Into the Woods, and Doc in The Laramie Project.

Also, what are some of your favorite rolls to date?

Pumpernickel, pumpkin bread, and classic white.

FYP is full of talented, wacky people. What is one of your favorite memories from this semester?

I think our first Goldstein rehearsal – that was the first time I saw the cast coming together. 

If you could bring any person back from the dead to sunbathe on the quad with, who would you revive?

Whitney Houston. [no explanation needed]

Did you ever dress as an M&M for Halloween?

FUN FACT: Max isn’t my first name. It’s Robert. [mind blown] But if Max were my first name, I probably would.

Are you a bigger fan of cucumbers in their natural state or the guy from Veggie Tales?

I’ve never seen the Veggie Tales in my life. I rather them be pickeled, but they can’t be too salty. Like, I had a really gross pickle the other day, and it was not what I needed.

For hilarious quips, follow Max on Twitter: @maxroni_Ncheese

Hi there! My name is Gabrielle, and I'm the Editor/ Campus Correspondent for the Syracuse chapter of Her Campus! I am a sophomore Television, Radio, and Film major in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. I like traveling, cinematic classics, show tunes, long walks on the beach, chocolate, chocolate on the beach, and anything pink. Go 'Cuse! HCXO