Campus Cutie: Margaret Hoeschele

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

March is the month of Margie! Ring in the spring with this sunny campus cutie, Margie Hoeschele!

Major: Vocal Performance

Graduation Year: 2018

What are you involved in on campus? I recently became a part of First Year Players and Main Squeeze A Cappella!

The theatre crowd can be a pretty zany bunch. What are some of your favorite memories in a cappella and FYP?

When it comes to FYP and Squeeze, there’s 2 different kinds of awesome moments you get to have. The first is when you’re just surrounded by a group of people who love and accept you. No matter where you’re going or what you’re doing you’re all having fun just because you love each other! But the awesome thing about organizations like these is that you get to have a different kind of moment, where you’re making something amazing together. There have been a few times in Squeeze and FYP where we just have this amazing moment because we all get to be a part of something really fantastic. I think those can be the best moments of all the stuff we do together!

What are some upcoming events?

The Addams Family is coming up so soon! April 9th, 10th and 11th! And Squeeze will also be performing again after our invitational tonight, first at Orange Appeals invitational, and later at After Hours!

In honor of Squeeze Safari, what is your favorite wild animal?

Do goats count as wild animals? Because I love them. 

When did you first get involved in theatre and music?

I was involved in music all throughout high school, but I was probably a junior when I realized how massive a part of my life music was and that I wanted to pursue it!

Your voice is GORGEOUS. What was one of your favorite roles?

I played Nina in In the Heights a few years back. Not only is it an amazing show, and an amazing character, but I think playing Nina really gave me a chance to grow as a performer because she’s a really complex role. 

Where do you see yourself after graduation? 

In an ideal world, I’ll be married to a beautiful French man, performing at a French opera house, eating all the baguettes I can get my hands on. 

If you could spend a day at the zoo with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?

I would definitely spend the day with my little cousin Lilly. What could be more fun than being a part of what’s got to be a totally WILD and exciting adventure for her!

Would you rather spend the rest of your life on Mars as a millionaire or in the Bahamas as a crab?

Bahamas as a crab! Lots of sunshine and happy people.  

If you were an instrument, which one would you be?

I would be a banjo. Definitely a banjo. 

Any advice to incoming freshman who wish to pursue a career in music? 

I would just tell anyone who’s serious about music to go for it. In my experience thus far, it’s all been about what you put into it. If you’re willing to work, and you have a passion, then you should 100% pursue music!

Hi there! My name is Gabrielle, and I'm the Editor/ Campus Correspondent for the Syracuse chapter of Her Campus! I am a sophomore Television, Radio, and Film major in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. I like traveling, cinematic classics, show tunes, long walks on the beach, chocolate, chocolate on the beach, and anything pink. Go 'Cuse! HCXO