This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

This bubbly Syracutie is the perfect companion for any concert! Bump it with Campus Celeb Melissa Cubit.

Major: Public Relations and Information Management and Technology

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Lansdale, PA

Campus Involvement: PRSSA and Z89

HC: What is your dream job?

MC: Celebrity publicist or working in music industry PR

HC: How did you get the chance to meet taylor swift?

In August 2014, I entered a contest to attend the announcement for her album 1989. I went to New York City and got to see her announce it with everyone else who won, which was really cool. I thought that was all I was doing, but after the announcement she told us that we were going to get pizza. We ended up going to her apartment for a couple of hours, and she waited at her door, met and talked to every single one of us.

What was the most surprising thing that happened when you met T-Swizzle?

I never imagined I would have the chance to meet her, let alone the chance to meet her in her own home. It still feels like a dream. I also got to hold one of her cats, and I’m still surprised that she trusted us enough to be around them.

I heard you recently changed your major. What motivated you to do so?

I applied to Syracuse as a Broadcast and Digital Journalism major. I worked at my high school’s television station and really thought it was what I wanted to do with my life, but when I got here I realized that I would rather be behind the scenes planning things. I have also always wanted to work in the music industry, and I think it will be easier for me to do so through public relations.

If you could give any advice to an incoming freshman, what would it be?

Make friends with everyone you can! And buy a parka.

I'm Ana Lua. I'm currently a Marketing Management major at Whitman looking into transfering to Acting in VPA. I'm originally from Boston, but I've been moving around the world throughout my entire life to places like Brazil, China and Portugal. I love to travel and all things artsy and cute! I also like to write music and have a youtube beauty channel.
Hi there! My name is Gabrielle, and I'm the Editor/ Campus Correspondent for the Syracuse chapter of Her Campus! I am a sophomore Television, Radio, and Film major in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. I like traveling, cinematic classics, show tunes, long walks on the beach, chocolate, chocolate on the beach, and anything pink. Go 'Cuse! HCXO