lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Tips To Help You Get Over THAT Guy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

1.    No Stalking!

Please, for the love of god, stop stalking him via social media. Yes, I know you checked his instagram this morning. Yes, that’s a very nice picture of him and his puppy in the Kelvin filter. And no, I’m not denying that that girl in his new profile picture on Facebook has a lazy eye. She does. But it’s not good for you to constantly check in on him. It only makes it harder. Unfollow him. Once you make the click, you’ll be better off.

2.    Delete Him Out of Your Phone

Just do it. I know that it’s hard. Even staring at his phone number sometimes makes you feel better. But this way there’s less of a chance that you’ll be lying in bed at 3AM and text him something stupid like, “Hey, I was just thinking about you…” Yes, he already knows that. And unfortunately, he’s probably not thinking about you. Trust me, I know from experience.

3.    Stop Randomly Bringing Him Up in Conversation

This guy does not just happen to pop up in your mind while you and your girls are chatting about nail polish and LiLo’s newest rehab adventure. So when you bring him up with a line like, “oh my god, Josh always used to love to watch Bridget Jones…” your friends will not only know that you’re lying but they will openly want to stab you. Stay on topic, ladies.

4.    Do Other Things

I don’t care if its collecting stamps or scuba diving in your community pool, but you’ve got to do something that doesn’t involve him. Take up a hobby, put everything into your schoolwork, play a sport, spend more time with your friends. Even watch new episodes of GIRLS! Anything. Less time to think means less time to think about him!

5.    Don’t Torture Yourself

If this is a guy you’ve dated, it can be hard to understand why the breakup happened. And if it’s a guy that didn’t return your feelings, it can be extremely hurtful and hard to get over. But hey, targeting yourself as the problem is not the solution! You did nothing wrong. Thinking about the why’s and the what if’s every seven seconds is going to drive you nuts and give you a hernia. So take a minute, chill out, and remember that you’re better off. Because, chances are, you are!

6.    Don’t Watch Romantic Movies on Loop

Stop it! Step back and put The Titanic down! The movies that made you believe in love to begin with are not great tools for broken hearts. Sure, they’re sweet and ideal and yes, sometimes a good cry is what a sister really needs. But honey child, if you’re watching Pride and Prejudice for the sixth time in a week, someone has a problem. Spoiler alert: it’s you. The movies will only make you feel inadequate and unlucky. So, basically, no Meg Ryan movies.

7.    Remember: You’re a Badass Woman!

Being rejected or broken up with, for any reason, can be detrimental to self-esteem and how we look at ourselves. But, guess what? We’re still amazing, talented, independent, beautiful women no matter what. Don’t let a yucky guy experience make you forget that you’re in control of your life and these guys are just some fun on the side. You’re each a wonder, ladies. And don’t you ever forget it.