This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Q: So are you excited for the showcase? 

* Yes Im excited for showcase. I’m excited mainly for my small group, I collaborated with four very talented women to make a powerful piece. I am also excited for my hip hop class because its my first year being a choreographer and I feel like everyone in my class has grown as an individual throughout the year. And the dance also has a very powerful message. 

Donique Hayne is a sophmore student at Susquehanna. She is majoring in Psychology and is a choregrapher for dance corp.

Q: What attracted you to dance corps? 

* Coming to college I wanted to join the swing club which unfortunately doesn’t exist anymore. Dance Corps was the closest thing honestly. I had some experience in dance and I wanted to learn more. I joined Intermediate Hip Hop last year and my passion has expanded. 

Q: What is your favorite type of dance? 

* Hip Hop 

Q: what were your main challenges/ 

* My main challenge would be making sure we had a safe, creative space where people could be themselves without being judged. Since it was an intermediate class and some people had no experience. So I had to make moves that would enable them to feel comfortable doing it and make them able to make it their own. 

Q: What are your hopes for dancing in the future? 

* I hope to continue to be the intermediate hip hop choreographer

Hanifah Jones is a Junior Communications Major with a minor in Studio Art currently studying abroad in Cape Town, South Africa.
I am Brooke Adams-Porter, a communications student at Susquehanna University. Just an old soul finding herself in this new world.