tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Manage Your Life at SU: Friendships

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

How many of us have a difficult time trying to balance work, classes, and friendships? College is a new environment where you are 100% in control of your life. That’s a beautiful thing, but if you lack time management skills and organization, then it can be a nightmare from hell! Below, I am going to give a few tips that might help you figure out how to prioritize and organize your life, so you can be a success in college! This week, I am going to focus on how to manage friendships at SU. 

Friendships 

One of the most rewarding things about college is building friendships. Friends are the ones who get us through bad breakups with tissues and ice cream or give us honest advice that will help us be better people in the long run. It is important to maintain friendships in college, but the fact of the matter is that we need breaks from our friends. Some quick tips to balance friendship are: 

When you are together… 

* Use lunch or dinner time to catch up with each other and de-stress 

* Spend a weekend together going to the mall, watching Netflix, or have a sleepover 

* Go to an event together but plan for dinner before that so you have time for conversation 

* Set aside a maximum of 2-3 hours a day to spend with your besties! 

* Join at least one club together 

When you are apart… 

* Know that it is alright to spend time away from each other 

* Give each other personal space 

* Take time to learn about yourself 

* Catch up on homework 

* Know that you support and care for each other, even when you aren’t always together 

* Try to meet and make new friends

I am a first-year neuroscience major at Susquehanna. I am also the Events Director at Susquehanna. Some of my passions include dance, helping children, and reading.
I am Brooke Adams-Porter, a communications student at Susquehanna University. Just an old soul finding herself in this new world.