This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

When Instagram first came out, I had no idea what the hype was about; I really just had no interest. I’m not quite sure when things changed but today anyone who knows me will tell you that I am obsessed with Instagram! Priority number one when I go anywhere is to get a good photo for my feed. Currently I am moving into fall aesthetics and I am so happy I think I could die! You don’t need to be Instagram obsessed, have thousands of followers, or be a super talented photographer to have fun with Instagram. And that is why I love it because when all is said and done the app is just fun, it is fun to scroll through other people’s photos and share your own!

Boston is an extremely Insta-worthy city. The historically tall buildings, the cute little shops, landmarks that people all around the world associate with Boston and you can Instagram them all. But you don’t have time to walk around the entire city looking for the perfect spot to snap a few photos, that’s what I’m here for! So here is my list of top 5 places to Instagram in Boston, feel free to add your own in the comments below!

1.) Acorn Street

It isn’t called “the most photographed street in America” because it’s ugly! Tucked away in Beacon Hill Acorn Street’s cobblestone will give historic charm to your Insta-feed. Try going at different times of the day to experience all different lighting. The residents of the street have the most adorable doors, flower boxes, and just wait till you see how they decorate for the Holidays. I consistently go back to Acorn Street because of its unique charm!

2.) Boston Opera House

So you may have to expose yourself to a little bit of culture but that’s not the worst thing in the world trust me! I personally love the ballet, and for the musical junkies there are plenty of options. It is also breath taking inside get a few photos before the show or during intermission!

3.) Boston Common

Not just anywhere on the Common will do, you really have to scope out the right spots. The Parkman Bandstand, found on the Tremont St. side of the Common is really beautiful. And if you wait till the leaves in all the trees around it start to change it will make an amazing photo! Another favorite spot is up by the Soldiers and Sailors Monument which is stunning and would make a great photo itself, but I like to turn away from the monument and face the Prudential Center, where you will see another piece of the Boston skyline.

4.) Old Custom House Tower

Today it is a Marriot Hotel, but for $4.00 you can go up to the observation deck and be treated to views of Boston Harbor and the North End. Try going on a clear day and you can get some amazing shots worthy of a double tap!

5.) The CITGO Sign

It’s a Boston icon! You can spot it while walking through Kenmore Square, get a shot from the Charlesgate Bridge, or even view it while watching a game at Fenway Park. The CITGO sign can be spotted from all over the Back Bay area and its always great to see new and exciting angles that people come up with.

There are hundreds of other breathtakingly beautiful places in Boston that would make great Instagram posts. These are just a few of my favorites. I encourage you to get out and explore the city you never know what you might stumble upon!

Image Credit: My personal Instagram @katie_c_mac