Pageant Fashion: Massachusetts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Miss USA is one of the most highly anticipated pageants in the nation, third only to Miss America and Miss Universe. In January, women of all shapes and sizes compete for their state’s coveted title. The new state titleholders then compete for the even more coveted titles of Miss USA and Miss Teen USA in June. Let’s look a little bit at the fashion from this year’s Miss Massachusetts and Miss Massachusetts Teen pageants.

Meet Caroline Lunny, Miss Massachusetts USA 2014, and Bailey Miderios, Miss Massachusetts Teen USA, 2014. Miss Massachusetts’s dress is a lovely orange mermaid fit gown, with a pattern reminiscent of fish scales. This pattern is very neat to have on a mermaid fit gown. The dress in itself is quite “blingy,” which is always a good thing when it comes to pageantry. The more bling you have on your dress, the better. In addition to the blingy dress, Miss Massachusetts’ sparkly earrings add more sparkle to her overall look, especially with her new crown.

Miss Massachusetts Teen has a lovely silver sparkly dress, and that million-dollar smile that judges adore. Another great thing about Miss Massachusetts Teen’s gown is the little pops of blue that really help the silver stand out. Her earrings match her dress extremely well and add more sparkle to go with her new crown.

Every year, the Miss USA state contestants put on an amazing fashion show. The winners of the national Miss USA pageant get to compete for the title of Miss Universe. Last year, the Miss Universe pageant took place in Moscow in November. Miss USA took place in Las Vegas. Tune in this June on NBC to watch the state titleholders compete for Miss USA and Miss Teen USA! 

Hi! I'm Ellie Shackleton, an international relations major at Suffolk University! I've always enjoyed creative writing, and I really like blogging. Enjoy!
Originally from Connecticut, Erica attends Suffolk University in Boston, Massachusetts. She is a senior, majoring in public relations, and minoring in marketing. She founded Suffolk's chapter of Her Campus along with co-Campus Correspondent, Mackenzie Newcomb. has interned at a few start-up companies including Quincy Apparel and Good to Go Organics. She was also a public relations intern at Regan Communications Group, and is currently the advertising/marketing intern at The Improper Bostonian Magazine. Erica also works on Newbury Street at Jack Wills University Outfitters, a British clothing company that is expanding across America. She is very interested in the world of fashion, and hopes to make it big doing marketing/PR for a fashion magazine or as a publicist in New York City or LA upon graduation. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, hanging out with friends, going to the beach, reading, writing, and dancing.