Orange is the New Black – Literally though

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Stepping out of its comfort zone for the spring, we’ve been seeing orange everywhere. Making it official by declaring itself the new spring hue for 2016 – orange you glad I didn’t say banana?! In all seriousness, though, if you’re anything like me you’ve digested this news the way you would finding out you’re getting a shot: rather indifferently. Orange wouldn’t be my top pick, however, a POC (pop of color) is never not a bad thing to add to your closet.

Having done my research I’ve come to some very important conclusions. First, when I say orange I’m not talking. The runways seem to be sporting lighter and/or darker shades then the standard color pigment you would initially imagine when hearing the word orange. Seen on Erin Fetherston, Altuzarra, and Prabal Gurung runways, orange is IT for the spring season.

Now after having an idea of the orange I’m talking about I think we can confidently take this trend on together! Start small; accessories: bags, shoes, belts, gloves, and jewelry. The color pop can add a flirty and confident accent to your outfit. Work your way up: Jackets, t-shirts, vest, a blazer with an orange hint in it. When you’re fully ready to take this trend full on grab it by the horns: a full paint suit, dress, pants, and sweaters. Be creative and have fun with this. Show spring 2016 whose arrived!

Currently a senior at Suffolk University majoring in Public Relations, I am excited to be finishing up my undergraduate career. Prior to working with Her Campus I interned at Rosie's Place, a non profit that works with struggling women and child. I currently waitress part time while going to school and working at Her Campus. Being a member of the Suffolk Her Campus chapter for 3 years now you can find some of my content there or in the giveaway section of the website!  In my free time I enjoy playing tennis, running, roller blading The Charles, cooking, spending time with my family and friends, overcaffinating myself at Starbucks, or binge watching Sex in The City for the 75th time. Upon graduation I wouldn't be opposed to staying in Boston nor would I be opposed to traveling elsewhere, preferably somewhere warm after these crazy winters. 
Journalism student in Boston / Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Suffolk. I'm into politics, pop music, and parks. I tweet about TV and lipstick. @nikkimfell