Matthew Ian Eriksen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

“I am one of the faces of Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation, for their website and other promotional materials,” says Matthew. And that is only the beginning of the exciting life his modeling and acting career has led him to.

Name: Matthew Ian Eriksen
Year: 2015
Major: Advertising
Minor: Graphic Design
Hometown: Beverly, MA

ME: What is Karmaloop?
MATTHEW: Karmaloop.com, is the world’s largest online retailer of streetwear; including sneakers, apparel, and accessories from Obey, Supra, Converse, Vans, Diamond Supply Co, Puma…as you can tell the list goes on. In addition, they even have 11 privately owned brands, which they feature on their site.

ME: What is the Karmaloop Modeling Contest?
MATTHEW: Simply put, the Karmaloop modeling contest is a chance for models from across the country to enter their photo in hopes of being chosen as the newest faces of the clothing brand.

ME: How did you get involved/nominated?
MATTHEW: I was referred to the contest by a close friend who is currently interning with the company. I went to the site, uploaded a photo, and the rest is history!

ME: What do the winners receive?
MATTHEW: The top five guys and girls with the most votes each will be reviewed by a panel of Karmaloop judges and from there two winners will be chosen. One boy and one girl will be flown out to Karmaloop HQ in Boston. I am trying to sell myself on the fact that they can save money on my flight, haha! The two winners will earn a one night stay at a nice hotel, a $500 gift code to Karmaloop.com, and have an official photo-shoot with their images live on Karmaloop.com, modeling all of the latest looks and gear.

ME: How can people vote for you?
MATTHEW: Each and everyday you can click the link below and vote! Every 24 hours the page refreshes and allows you to vote again. Link: http://apps.facebook.com/offerpop/Contest.psp?c=205403&u=16903&a=255558194495800&p=6560321844&v=Entry&id=596100&rest=1

ME: What is your modeling/ acting background?
MATTHEW: I consider myself a student by day, actor, model, and aspiring photographer by night, haha! Although my agency, Model Club Inc., is located in Boston, MA, I am currently working in both the New England & New York market. My credits vary from stage to screen: I just starred as Young Eric in “The Safe Maker,” an independent feature film directed by Alex Peacher, that recently screened at The Paramount. In addition, I am extremely grateful to have been cast in the world’s first lacrosse movie, “Crooked Arrows,” which opened in theaters this past April. Opening this month is Kevin James’ feature film, “Here Comes the Boom,” where I worked as a featured student.

Something that is personally exciting is the fact that I have finally entered into the world of voice-over! This past week, I took part in an audition and call-back for a Dragon Naturally Speaking software project. I’m really excited to see where this road will take me!

Credits:
Grown Ups 2
Here Comes the Boom
That’s My Boy
Crooked Arrows
OBEY the Giant
TED
The Safe Maker
Staying Afloat

ME: What modeling or acting projects are you currently working on?
MATTHEW: As far as modeling is concerned, I am currently working on many freelance projects: working with up-coming photographers to build their portfolios, shooting some promotional materials for local universities (such as Suffolk), along with a most recent shoot for some MBTA related materials. I am one of the faces of Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation, for their website and other promotional materials. In addition, I am constantly on the run, going back and forth between castings and auditions that my agency books for me.

When it comes to acting, I recently wrapped filming “Grown Ups 2” this past summer, where I portrayed a frat boy alongside Twilight’s, Taylor Daniel Lautner, David Henrie, who currently stars on Disney’s “Wizards of Waverly Place,” and around 12 other crazy fraternity brothers. But besides that, I am looking forward to taking the next few months to simply focus my time and energy on school, work, and most importantly, sleep!

ME: What is your dream job?
MATTHEW: Utilizing the knowledge from my Bachelor’s degree in Advertising & Graphic Design, in addition, utilizing my current design internship with Suffolk University’s Office of Marketing and Communications. I hope to earn employment as an Art Director at Pixar Animation Studios. Some say it sounds far fetched- but to me having big dreams is what life is all about!

ME: Can you tell me a fun fact about yourself?
MATTHEW: I am obsessed with Almond Milk!

Chelsea Graham Broadcast Journalism Major Campus Celebrity Reporter