Look For Less! Zooey Dechanel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Picture this: It’s a typical Tuesday night and you’re watching the latest episode of New Girl. As Zooey Deschanel’s character, Jess Day, wins the world over with her genuine personality and adorable outfits, you catch yourself dreaming of what it would be like to own her entire wardrobe. If you’ve got a “style crush” on Zooey Deschanel but think her outfits are too expensive for your collegiette wallet to handle. Fear not! This week’s Look for Less will help you find inexpensive ways to incorporate Zooey’s quirky style into your own wardrobe. In this still image, Zooey’s character is rocking a structured blue blazer. While the original blazer retails at about $140, this H&M alternative ($24) adds a fun pop of color to any outfit and saves you over $100.  Layering a jewel-toned long sleeved top underneath not only keeps you warm when transitioning into autumn, but also complements the rest of the outfit in an unexpected way. Add a black pleated skirt (Forever 21: $18) to balance out the colorful look and a pair of black oxfords to add a polished feel. The unexpected soles of these Target oxfords ($20) give the look a playful vibe while keeping the outfit composed and smart. Top off the look with cute readers like those pictured above (Urban Outfitters: $14) and your favorite pair of warm tights or socks and people might start mistaking you for the famous quirky girl.

Academic Year: 2016Major: Public RelationsAstrological Sign: LibraEditorial team member, social media addict, and foodie.