Kick Off To Boston Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Boston Fashion Week began this weekend, with the “Fashion & Freedom” event, taking fashion, photography and cosmetics beyond just Hollywood glam. The purpose of this event was to give fashion a fresh and different image, promoting a more positive view of women.

This Fashion Week kick off event was hosted on Sunday, October 5th at the Globe Bar & Café on Boylston Street with a beautiful display on the second floor, where Esther P Chen Photography exquisitely captured the products of Nomi Network & Ferro Cosmetics. Featuring an exclusive “beauty & bags” photo gallery, the partners created an event where fashion could actually make the world a better place.

Ferro cosmetics aim much of their focus at enabling women through the conservancy of human rights by producing products that are 100% mineral, eco-friendly and cruelty free. The nonprofit organization of its partnership, Nomi Network, works towards providing opportunities for survivors of and women at risk of human trafficking. All of the proceeds from their cosmetic and handbag lines help women create better lives for themselves.

The showcase provided an opportunity to purchase cosmetics featured in the photography. Attendees were entered into a raffle to win free products and were able to meet the photographer herself, Esther P Chen.

Through both photography and cosmetics, this event beautifully captured the idea that fashion, beauty and social rights can all work together, which we at Her Campus sincerely appreciate!

To learn more about the project, or to purchase some of their cosmetics, visit www.nominetwork.org or www.ferrocosmetics.com. For more information or to check out some of her photographs, visit www.estherpchen.com.

Mackenzie's the name, Campus Correspondant for Suffolk is my game.